The leader of Syria’s National Coalition has said they are ready to accept dialogue with the country’s vice president, Farouk al-Shara.
But Moaz Al Khatib stressed the departure of Bashar al-Assad is a necessary precondition to any talks taking place.
Al Khatib said during a television interview: “Since the beginning of the conflict, Farouk al-Shara has known that things weren’t going well. Just because he is part of the regime does not mean that we cannot talk to him. I call on the regime to allow Shara to talk to us. Where is the problem in that?”
At the same time footage posted on a social media website is said to show Syrian government forces pounding neighbourhoods across the capital, Damascus.
Plumes of smoke rise into the air above Kafar Batna. It is claimed footage from the streets below shows the aftermath of a direct hit on a hospital.
- 1‘Rampant corruption:’ US orders arrest of senior FIFA executives
- 2Obama denounces Russia’s ‘increasingly aggressive posture’ on Ukraine
- 3Bunny beaten to death live on Danish radio
- 4Chancellor Merkel heads Forbes most powerful women list – again!
- 5Swiss police arrest several senior Fifa executives in a morning raid at a five-star hotel in Zurich
- 1Snowden, Assange and Manning statues unveiled in Berlin | euronews, world news
- 2Chomsky says US is world’s biggest terrorist | euronews, the global conversation
- 3euronews live TV - News | euronews : the latest international news as video on demand
- 4Nepal: ‘equally big earthquakes coming in eastern regions,’ expert tells euronews | euronews, world news
- 5It’s a girl: Britain’s Duchess of Cambridge gives birth in London | euronews, world news
- 6How Nepal earthquake devastated Kathmandu’s UNESCO heritage | euronews, world news
- 7Chernobyl Children: what makes Ukrainians born in 1986 different? | euronews, world news
- 8Juncker to Hungarian PM Orban: “Hello, Dictator!”
- 9Evidence of ancient wine found in Georgia a vintage quaffed some 6,000 years BC
- 10Exclusive: unrest in FYR Macedonia could hit other Balkan countries warns Serbian PM | euronews, world news
- 11International tv news | euronews: European and International tv news bulletin
- 12International breaking news | euronews online world breaking news in video
- 13Andrea Ferrari: the graphene guru | euronews, science
- 14Portuguese language reform law goes global | euronews, world news
- 15EU membership remains Serbia’s priority, says PM Aleksandar Vucic | euronews, the global conversation
- 16Spanish voters punish mainstream parties in local and regional elections
- 17Spain: the viral soldiers fighting in Madrid and Barcelona mayoral races | euronews, world news
- 18Watch: France’s Jean-Marie Le Pen clashes with UKIP MEP Woolfe | euronews, world news
- 19How young translators are helping knit European culture together | euronews, generation y
- 20Recharging without cables: the road ahead for electric cars
Wires > News
- 23:26 CET Pentagon chief urges end to island-building in South China Sea
- 23:04 CET Insight – All at sea: Australia’s search for MH370 under scrutiny
- 22:48 CET France warns Iran over nuclear deal as deadline nears
- 22:48 CET Leader of al Qaeda in Syria says aims to take Damascus – TV
- 22:06 CET For Kremlin, a charity teaching science to kids is viewed as…
- 21:20 CET Belgian flights halted after air traffic power fault
- 21:17 CET Blair to leave Middle East envoy post after years of struggling…
- 21:12 CET Saudi designates two Hezbollah officials as terrorists