The leader of Syria’s National Coalition has said they are ready to accept dialogue with the country’s vice president, Farouk al-Shara.
But Moaz Al Khatib stressed the departure of Bashar al-Assad is a necessary precondition to any talks taking place.
Al Khatib said during a television interview: “Since the beginning of the conflict, Farouk al-Shara has known that things weren’t going well. Just because he is part of the regime does not mean that we cannot talk to him. I call on the regime to allow Shara to talk to us. Where is the problem in that?”
At the same time footage posted on a social media website is said to show Syrian government forces pounding neighbourhoods across the capital, Damascus.
Plumes of smoke rise into the air above Kafar Batna. It is claimed footage from the streets below shows the aftermath of a direct hit on a hospital.
Copyright © 2014 euronewsMore about:
- 1International investigators reach MH17 crash site in Ukraine
- 2Ukrainian prime minister’s triumphant speech after resignation rejected
- 3#ن: How an Arabic letter was reclaimed to support Iraq’s persecuted Christians
- 4Edward Snowden: after one year in Russia, what now for the NSA whistleblower?
- 5Rosetta the comet hunter arrives at its target
- 1#ن: How an Arabic letter was reclaimed to support Iraq’s persecuted Christians
- 2Eastern Ukrainians ‘hate Russian-led guerrillas’ — Arseniy Yatsenyuk
- 3Caught on camera – children drugged and beaten in Romanian kindergarten
- 4Ukraine: ‘Disappointment’ at Yatsenyuk resignation
- 5Fears over spread of Ebola as more tragedies emerge
Wires > News
- 11:15 CET Kremlin critic Navalny’s aides say Russian prosecutor wants him…
- 10:54 CET Pakistan widows, ‘second’ wives flee fighting but are denied aid
- 10:38 CET Insight – Town vs town, faction vs faction as Libya descends into…
- 09:48 CET Greece evacuates embassy staff, foreign nationals from Libya
- 09:46 CET PR firm Edelman says its China chief is missing amid unspecified…
- 09:20 CET Japan offers vessels to Vietnam to boost its sea strength
- 09:12 CET Algerian capital hit by 5.5 quake, no reports of damage
- 09:07 CET Gas blast in Taiwan kills 25, injures 267, topples buildings