The leader of Syria’s National Coalition has said they are ready to accept dialogue with the country’s vice president, Farouk al-Shara.
But Moaz Al Khatib stressed the departure of Bashar al-Assad is a necessary precondition to any talks taking place.
Al Khatib said during a television interview: “Since the beginning of the conflict, Farouk al-Shara has known that things weren’t going well. Just because he is part of the regime does not mean that we cannot talk to him. I call on the regime to allow Shara to talk to us. Where is the problem in that?”
At the same time footage posted on a social media website is said to show Syrian government forces pounding neighbourhoods across the capital, Damascus.
Plumes of smoke rise into the air above Kafar Batna. It is claimed footage from the streets below shows the aftermath of a direct hit on a hospital.
Copyright © 2014 euronewsMore about:
- 1Scientists find new Earth-sized planet that could host life
- 2South Korea: Dramatic amateur footage emerges of final moments before stricken ferry capsizes
- 3Ceausescu’s Bucharest pleasuredome up for sale
- 4Five more years for Bouteflika
- 5Ukraine: Pro-Russian separatists offered amnesty if they disarm
- 1Ukrainian troops allegedly desert to join pro-Russian forces in Slavyansk
- 2As it happened : Kyiv and Moscow reach agreement on de-escalation roadmap
- 3‘Rubbish’: Putin slams claims that Russia is behind Ukraine revolt
- 4Pro-Russian activists seize Ukraine armoured vehicles
- 5Pictures and videos of April 15 lunar “Blood Moon” eclipse
Wires > News
- 01:35 CET Nigeria Islamists still holding 85 schoolgirls after raid- state
- 00:19 CET Powerful earthquake rattles Mexico, shakes buildings
- 23:39 CET Besieged Muslims face murder, starvation in Central African…
- 22:40 CET Avalanche kills at least 12 guides in deadliest incident on Mount…
- 22:28 CET Special Report – How the U.S. made its Putin problem worse
- 21:54 CET Algeria’s ailing Bouteflika wins re-election
- 21:30 CET Top Hollande aide quits in conflict of interest row
- 20:50 CET Italy gives wife, daughter, of wanted Kazakh banker refugee status