Impressionist master Pablo Picasso’s painting “Woman Seated by a Window” is to go under the hammer at Sotheby’s in London on February 5.
“Woman Seated by a Window” has an estimated value of 40 million euros, but the auction house said it could fetch more than that.
The piece, a portrait of the painter’s muse Marie-Therese Walter, was completed in 1932.
Helena Newman, Chair of Impressionist and Modern Art at Sotheby’s Europe said:
“Most of the examples from this year and of his Marie-Therese subject are in museums around the world. So, it represents a real opportunity for a collector to buy a museum quality painting coming out of private hands.”
The auction house’s Impressionist and modern art evening sale also features works by Austrian artist Egon Schiele.
The current record for a Schiele was set by Sotheby’s in 2011, when it sold one of his cityscapes for more than 25 million euros.
- 1euronews live TV - News | euronews : the latest international news as video on demand
- 2International news | euronews, latest international news
- 3Most Istanbul blast victims ‘were German’, says Turkey
- 4Madrid to appeal Catalan road to independence from Spain
- 5Thousands in Bucharest blame corruption for Friday’s nightclub blaze
- 6Partnering to grow Europe
- 7Moldova: protesters storm Parliament
- 8Hope vs harsh reality: challenges to global education goals in the 21st century
- 9Extras : euronews : the latest international news as video on demand
- 10Merroussis clinches the 33rd Athens Authentic Marathon
- 11Norway sends Syrian refugees back to Russia
- 12‘National’ funeral for Celine Dion’s husband ‘over the top’
- 13Jorge Lorenzo clinches his third MotoGP title in Valencia
- 14International breaking news | euronews online world breaking news in video
- 15Special Reports : euronews : the latest international news as video on demand
- 16latest Learning World - All Programmes | euronews : the latest international news as video on demand
- 17Benzema questioned in French sex tape case
- 18Middle East - News | euronews : the latest international news as video on demand
- 19Paris: “I would rather see my brother in prison than in a cemetery”
- 20world Weather | euronews: world ten day weather forecast
Wires > News
- 09:22 CET North Korea says to freeze assets of South Korean firms at Kaesong
- 09:20 CET Exclusive – Australia directed officials how to address Nauru…
- 09:11 CET Dozens face riot charges over Hong Kong Lunar New Year violence
- 08:57 CET Thailand’s ‘sea gypsies’ fight for access to ancestral shrines
- 08:54 CET Bangladesh upholds death sentences over 2004 attack on British…
- 08:45 CET Greek navy helicopter crashes in Aegean, killing three
- 08:43 CET Angola says 37 dead in yellow fever outbreak
- 07:59 CET Australian looks set for climate sceptic deputy PM