Impressionist master Pablo Picasso’s painting “Woman Seated by a Window” is to go under the hammer at Sotheby’s in London on February 5.
“Woman Seated by a Window” has an estimated value of 40 million euros, but the auction house said it could fetch more than that.
The piece, a portrait of the painter’s muse Marie-Therese Walter, was completed in 1932.
Helena Newman, Chair of Impressionist and Modern Art at Sotheby’s Europe said:
“Most of the examples from this year and of his Marie-Therese subject are in museums around the world. So, it represents a real opportunity for a collector to buy a museum quality painting coming out of private hands.”
The auction house’s Impressionist and modern art evening sale also features works by Austrian artist Egon Schiele.
The current record for a Schiele was set by Sotheby’s in 2011, when it sold one of his cityscapes for more than 25 million euros.
Copyright © 2014 euronewsMore about:
- 1euronews live TV - News | euronews : the latest international news as video on demand
- 2Sweden becomes first EU country to recognise the Palestinian State | euronews, world news
- 3Italy swamped by flash floods | euronews, world news
- 4Back to School for Romania’s new First Lady | euronews, world news
- 5What will you ask US Senator John McCain? | euronews, world news
- 6Turkish president Erdogan unveils his new palace of a thousand rooms | euronews, world news
- 7India PM Modi appoints Yoga minister | euronews, world news
- 8[Live] Rosetta’s Philae lands on comet 67P and enters the history books | euronews, world news
- 9Vladimir Putin most powerful man in the world – Forbes | euronews, world news
- 10European e-revolution people rise up | euronews, world news
- 11International tv news | euronews: European and International tv news bulletin
- 12Where is the best place in Europe for women? | euronews, world news
- 13Nadia Comaneci: gymnast of perfection and defector | euronews, the global conversation
- 14Putin plans to leave G20 talks early amid Ukraine pressure | euronews, world news
- 15Irony as organised crime prosecutor arrested for corruption in Romania | euronews, world news
- 16Transcript of hanged Iranian woman’s final message released | euronews, world news
- 17Syria: Islamic extremists pledge to press ahead with battle for Kobani | euronews, world news
- 18Anti-immigration protests in Rome | euronews, world news
- 19Portugal: Ex-PM José Socrates held in corruption probe | euronews, world news
- 20Obama’s ‘risky’ immigration gamble | euronews, world news
Wires > News
- 01:13 CET Spain urges Cuba to grant free travel to dissidents
- 00:53 CET Argentina’s Fernandez, back on job after infection, vows to fight…
- 00:36 CET Flournoy withdraws from consideration as U.S. defence secretary -…
- 00:23 CET Sierra Leone Ebola burial workers dump bodies in pay protest
- 00:08 CET Germany to introduce legal quotas for women on company boards
- 00:03 CET U.N. committee spotlights ‘highly intrusive’ digital spying
- 23:23 CET More troops deployed in Ferguson to guard against fresh riots
- 22:57 CET 25 percent of Poles believe local elections were rigged – poll