It has been revealed that a deadly blast that killed at least 37 people at the headquarters of the Mexican state oil company Pemex was caused by a build-up of gas.
Officials say no trace of explosives was found at the site of the explosion in Mexico City.
The gas is believed to have been methane.
The explosion, last Thursday afternoon, prompted speculation about sabotage.
Mexico’s new President Enrique Pena Nieto wants a major overhaul of the company, which has been rocked by a string of safety lapses.
Copyright © 2014 euronewsMore about:
- 1Missing Malaysia Airlines plane ‘crashes off Vietnam’
- 2Claims Michael Schumacher is breathing independently played down by his management
- 3Malaysia Airlines plane missing, presumed crashed
- 4Ukraine as it happened: Crimean referendum widens US-Russia split
- 5Turkey’s Erdogan threatens Facebook & YouTube over ‘immorality and espionage’
- 1Ukraine as it happened: Crimean referendum widens US-Russia split
- 2Syria’s Assad expresses support for Putin on Ukraine
- 3Ukraine as it happened: EU and US announce sanctions to Russia as talks linger on
- 4Russia: Pussy Riot suffer burns and head injuries after being attacked at McDonalds
- 5Claims Michael Schumacher is breathing independently played down by his management
- 1Oscars 2014: ’12 Years a Slave’ makes history with best picture Oscar
- 2Ukraine as it happened: Moscow start talks with Kyiv under US and EU threats of sanctions
- 3Read Jared Leto’s touching, thoughtful acceptance speech
- 4Ukraine: Violent clashes in Kharkiv leave dozens injured
- 5Ukraine as it happened: Crimean referendum widens US-Russia split
Wires > News
- 01:59 CET Malaysian plane presumed crashed; questions over false IDs
- 20:23 CET Red Cross worker killed in Central African Republic
- 19:16 CET Pope names top economists, finance experts to Vatican body
- 19:03 CET Syria government forces take village near Lebanese border
- 18:30 CET EU’s Ashton visits Iran for first time; nuclear issue on agenda
- 17:46 CET Al Qaeda-linked militants in Lebanon apologise for civilian deaths
- 11:56 CET Indian airliner evacuated after rear wheel catches fire in Nepal
- 06:59 CET China says no room for compromise with Japan on history, territory