Unverified video uploaded to the internet purports to show a military MIG 33 being shot down by Syrian rebel group the Unified Brigade Sons of Hama.
The fourth-largest city in Syria, Hama has been the scene of fierce fighting during the war lasting almost two years.
UN figures now put the death toll in the Syrian conflict at more than 60,000.
Syrian President Bashar al-Assad has accused Israel of ‘collaboration with the hostile foreign powers and their tools in Syria’, according to the country’s news agency.
Assad’s comments, made during a meeting on Sunday with Saeed Jalili, head of Iran’s Supreme National Security Council, are the first time the president has spoke about the bombing since it happened nearly one week ago.
Assad also warned Israel that Syria is “capable of repelling any aggression”.
Apparently acknowledging an attack on January 30th on what it calls an ‘arms complex’, Israeli Defence Minister Ehud Barak said it shows Israel is serious about preventing the flow of heavy weapons into Lebanon.
- 1Hungary summons French ambassador over border fence row
- 2Protesters angry over destruction of ‘Mephistopheles’ in St Petersburg
- 3Ukraine: angry clashes as bill adopted granting more autonomy in the east
- 4French Foreign Minister Laurent Fabius slams Hungary’s ‘migrant fence’
- 5Poland ‘has located’ buried Nazi treasure train
- 1euronews live TV - News | euronews : the latest international news as video on demand
- 2International breaking news | euronews online world breaking news in video
- 3Caught red-handed: the Russian Major fighting in Ukraine
- 4Video footage shows massive explosion in Tianjin, China
- 5Momentum for Mars: Astronauts say mission is inevitable
- 6Ukraine puts top Russian general Gerasimov on ‘most wanted’ list
- 7Latest News Bulletin
- 8Snowden, Assange and Manning statues unveiled in Berlin
- 9Who came out top in the US Republican television debate?
- 10Why World Elephant Day matters
- 11International news | euronews, latest international news
- 12UK: at least 7 dead after plane crashes into road in Brighton
- 13Virginia:TV journalist and cameraman shot dead live on air
- 14ISIL militant group claims to have killed Croatian hostage in Egypt
- 15Earth Overshoot Day…Pushing Mother Nature too far
- 16Windows 10, three weeks on: the good, the bad and the ugly
- 17Bringing the trolls out of the dark: Russian ‘troll’ awarded 1 rouble damages
- 18As ‘Daily Show’ Jon Stewart’s tenure ends, scholars say goodbye to their research topic
- 19European Union News | euronews: latest breaking news and headlines about European Union
- 20Scientists find sinkhole cave under Mexico’s Kukulkan Castle Pyramid
Wires > News
- 14:03 CET South Africa’s government pledges transparency on nuclear agreement
- 13:49 CET Big guns in east Ukraine fall silent, two more die from wounds in…
- 13:39 CET Indonesia arrests alleged mastermind behind Orkim Harmony tanker…
- 13:19 CET French Socialists head for election rout
- 12:36 CET Migrants protest as Hungary shutters Budapest train station
- 12:30 CET China welcomes Sudan’s war crime-accused leader as ‘old friend’
- 12:25 CET Four killed, dozens wounded, in suicide attack on Pakistan forces
- 12:23 CET Pope to allow all priests to forgive abortion during Holy Year