Unverified video uploaded to the internet purports to show a military MIG 33 being shot down by Syrian rebel group the Unified Brigade Sons of Hama.
The fourth-largest city in Syria, Hama has been the scene of fierce fighting during the war lasting almost two years.
UN figures now put the death toll in the Syrian conflict at more than 60,000.
Syrian President Bashar al-Assad has accused Israel of ‘collaboration with the hostile foreign powers and their tools in Syria’, according to the country’s news agency.
Assad’s comments, made during a meeting on Sunday with Saeed Jalili, head of Iran’s Supreme National Security Council, are the first time the president has spoke about the bombing since it happened nearly one week ago.
Assad also warned Israel that Syria is “capable of repelling any aggression”.
Apparently acknowledging an attack on January 30th on what it calls an ‘arms complex’, Israeli Defence Minister Ehud Barak said it shows Israel is serious about preventing the flow of heavy weapons into Lebanon.
Copyright © 2014 euronewsMore about:
- 1Fears over spread of Ebola as more tragedies emerge
- 2Muslims around the world get set to celebrate the ending of Ramadan
- 3Russia opens humanitarian corridor for injured Ukrainian troops, Russian state TV claims
- 4#ن: How an Arabic letter was reclaimed to support Iraq’s persecuted Christians
- 5Norway terror threat raised
- 1EU targets top Russian officials in new sanctions
- 2#ن: How an Arabic letter was reclaimed to support Iraq’s persecuted Christians
- 3Hamas announces new Gaza truce after Israel restarts military assault amid rocket fire
- 4Norway terror threat raised
- 5Russia opens humanitarian corridor for injured Ukrainian troops, Russian state TV claims
- 1#ن: How an Arabic letter was reclaimed to support Iraq’s persecuted Christians
- 2Air Algerie plane ‘crashes’ over Sahara
- 347 dead and 11 injured in TransAsia Airways crash landing
- 4TransAsia Airways plane crashes on landing in Taiwan, killing dozens
- 5Eastern Ukrainians ‘hate Russian-led guerrillas’ — Arseniy Yatsenyuk
Wires > News
- 10:46 CET Lavrov says Russia will not respond in kind to Western sanctions
- 09:56 CET Islamist militants kill 18 civilians in Philippines
- 09:45 CET Russia says hopeful Malaysia jet crash investigation will be…
- 09:39 CET Sri Lankan asylum seekers in Australia limbo could sue government
- 09:13 CET Pakistan mob kills woman, girls, over ‘blasphemous’ Facebook post
- 08:54 CET China says may have citizens fighting in Iraq
- 08:38 CET Australia cracks opens door to foreign submarine build
- 08:23 CET Australian police to renew bid to access Ukraine crash site