Unverified video uploaded to the internet purports to show a military MIG 33 being shot down by Syrian rebel group the Unified Brigade Sons of Hama.
The fourth-largest city in Syria, Hama has been the scene of fierce fighting during the war lasting almost two years.
UN figures now put the death toll in the Syrian conflict at more than 60,000.
Syrian President Bashar al-Assad has accused Israel of ‘collaboration with the hostile foreign powers and their tools in Syria’, according to the country’s news agency.
Assad’s comments, made during a meeting on Sunday with Saeed Jalili, head of Iran’s Supreme National Security Council, are the first time the president has spoke about the bombing since it happened nearly one week ago.
Assad also warned Israel that Syria is “capable of repelling any aggression”.
Apparently acknowledging an attack on January 30th on what it calls an ‘arms complex’, Israeli Defence Minister Ehud Barak said it shows Israel is serious about preventing the flow of heavy weapons into Lebanon.
- 1Leopard enters Indian school, mauls six people
- 2Japanese volcano erupts on nuclear power station island
- 3Aleppo: Germany and Turkey come up with a 10-point action plan
- 4Pegida fails to ignite as Europe-wide anti-Muslim protests fizzle
- 5One of world’s biggest container ships stranded on German river
- 1Japanese volcano erupts on nuclear power station island
- 2US: Cars parked on frozen lake rescued after ice cracks
- 3Pegida fails to ignite as Europe-wide anti-Muslim protests fizzle
- 4One of world’s biggest container ships stranded on German river
- 5S Korea denounces N Korea rocket launch as ‘unacceptable provocation’
- 1euronews live TV - News | euronews : the latest international news as video on demand
- 2International news | euronews, latest international news
- 3Most Istanbul blast victims ‘were German’, says Turkey
- 4Madrid to appeal Catalan road to independence from Spain
- 5Thousands in Bucharest blame corruption for Friday’s nightclub blaze
- 6Hope vs harsh reality: challenges to global education goals in the 21st century
- 7Moldova: protesters storm Parliament
- 8Partnering to grow Europe
- 9Norway sends Syrian refugees back to Russia
- 10Merroussis clinches the 33rd Athens Authentic Marathon
- 11Extras : euronews : the latest international news as video on demand
- 12‘National’ funeral for Celine Dion’s husband ‘over the top’
- 13Jorge Lorenzo clinches his third MotoGP title in Valencia
- 14Benzema questioned in French sex tape case
- 15Special Reports : euronews : the latest international news as video on demand
- 16Brussels remains on high alert: ‘multiple operations underway’ across Belgium
- 17latest Learning World - All Programmes | euronews : the latest international news as video on demand
- 18New temporary spiritual leader of Muslim Brotherhood appointed
- 19Paris: “I would rather see my brother in prison than in a cemetery”
- 20account : euronews : the latest international news as video on demand
Latest world news
Tens of thousands of Syrian refugees in camps next to Turkey border
Aleppo: Germany and Turkey call on NATO for help with refugees
Gusty winds hit Europe – on both sides of the Channel
Spain: puppeteers charged with “glorifying terrorism”
Continuity IRA reportedly behind Dublin shooting
Wires > News
- 22:00 CET Israel may bank on Obama’s successor for future U.S. aid pact -…
- 21:55 CET Lives at risk unless WHO reforms, U.N. report says
- 21:44 CET U.S. defence intelligence chief predicts increased Islamic State…
- 21:02 CET Migrant arrivals to Greece’s Lesbos rise after days of bad weather
- 19:43 CET Four killed in crash of Russian military helicopter
- 19:14 CET Riot police detain forex mortgage protesters in Moscow
- 19:10 CET Obama, Italy’s Mattarella discuss fight against Islamic State in…
- 16:48 CET Uganda police buy anti-riot gear ahead of Museveni’s re-election…