Unverified video uploaded to the internet purports to show a military MIG 33 being shot down by Syrian rebel group the Unified Brigade Sons of Hama.
The fourth-largest city in Syria, Hama has been the scene of fierce fighting during the war lasting almost two years.
UN figures now put the death toll in the Syrian conflict at more than 60,000.
Syrian President Bashar al-Assad has accused Israel of ‘collaboration with the hostile foreign powers and their tools in Syria’, according to the country’s news agency.
Assad’s comments, made during a meeting on Sunday with Saeed Jalili, head of Iran’s Supreme National Security Council, are the first time the president has spoke about the bombing since it happened nearly one week ago.
Assad also warned Israel that Syria is “capable of repelling any aggression”.
Apparently acknowledging an attack on January 30th on what it calls an ‘arms complex’, Israeli Defence Minister Ehud Barak said it shows Israel is serious about preventing the flow of heavy weapons into Lebanon.
- 1euronews live TV - News | euronews : the latest international news as video on demand
- 2International news | euronews, latest international news
- 3Most Istanbul blast victims ‘were German’, says Turkey
- 4Thousands in Bucharest blame corruption for Friday’s nightclub blaze
- 5Madrid to appeal Catalan road to independence from Spain
- 6Hope vs harsh reality: challenges to global education goals in the 21st century
- 7Moldova: protesters storm Parliament
- 8Partnering to grow Europe
- 9Jorge Lorenzo clinches his third MotoGP title in Valencia
- 10Norway sends Syrian refugees back to Russia
- 11Merroussis clinches the 33rd Athens Authentic Marathon
- 12Extras : euronews : the latest international news as video on demand
- 13‘National’ funeral for Celine Dion’s husband ‘over the top’
- 14Special Reports : euronews : the latest international news as video on demand
- 15Brussels remains on high alert: ‘multiple operations underway’ across Belgium
- 16Benzema questioned in French sex tape case
- 17Paris: “I would rather see my brother in prison than in a cemetery”
- 18latest Learning World - All Programmes | euronews : the latest international news as video on demand
- 19account : euronews : the latest international news as video on demand
- 20Caught by the Maasai at mid-on ‘Warriors’ play cricket
Latest world news
Taiwan: at least 8 killed as earthquake brings down several buildings
US primaries: Trump leading Republican pack, Sanders gaining on Clinton
Brazil carnival opens, amid growing Zika fears
At least five dead as powerful quake hits southern Taiwan
Former soldier stoned to death in Haiti clashes
Wires > News
- 14:24 CET Syria says any foreign aggressors will go home ‘in coffins’
- 14:20 CET Explosion kills eight, injures dozens in Pakistan city of Quetta
- 14:12 CET Taiwan quake kills at least 12, fells apartment block
- 13:35 CET British member of Vatican sexual abuse commission leaves
- 13:18 CET Australia to step up Zika testing as two new cases reported
- 12:30 CET Nigerians have image problem abroad, hampers emigration to West -…
- 12:27 CET Merkel urges better protection of EU external borders
- 11:24 CET Three British troops injured in covert operation in Iraq – Mirror