Unverified video uploaded to the internet purports to show a military MIG 33 being shot down by Syrian rebel group the Unified Brigade Sons of Hama.
The fourth-largest city in Syria, Hama has been the scene of fierce fighting during the war lasting almost two years.
UN figures now put the death toll in the Syrian conflict at more than 60,000.
Syrian President Bashar al-Assad has accused Israel of ‘collaboration with the hostile foreign powers and their tools in Syria’, according to the country’s news agency.
Assad’s comments, made during a meeting on Sunday with Saeed Jalili, head of Iran’s Supreme National Security Council, are the first time the president has spoke about the bombing since it happened nearly one week ago.
Assad also warned Israel that Syria is “capable of repelling any aggression”.
Apparently acknowledging an attack on January 30th on what it calls an ‘arms complex’, Israeli Defence Minister Ehud Barak said it shows Israel is serious about preventing the flow of heavy weapons into Lebanon.
Copyright © 2014 euronewsMore about:
- 1[As it happened] Still United Kingdom: Scottish voters reject independence
- 2Watch: Angry mob throw Ukraine MP into rubbish bin
- 3Ukraine: Donetsk rebel weapons factory blows up
- 4France launches initial airstrikes against IS and promises more to come
- 5Air France pilots to continue strike over low-cost plans
- 1Podemos: Spanish indignation in Brussels’ corridors of power | euronews, reporter
- 2Israel announces it will seize 400 acres in West Bank | euronews, world news
- 3Watch: Angry mob throw Ukraine MP into rubbish bin | euronews, world news
- 4Hoverbike on the horizon | euronews, hi-tech
- 5Iraq: Baghdad rally held against US ‘occupiers’ | euronews, world news
- 6Japan sounds bluefin warning, calls for 50% catch cut | euronews, world news
- 7China executes eight Muslims convicted of terrorism | euronews, world news
- 8New car offers freedom for disabled drivers | euronews, hi-tech
- 93D printing: a driving force in design and engineering | euronews, hi-tech
- 10Rise of the machines | euronews, futuris
- 11Ukraine: Donetsk rebel weapons factory blows up | euronews, world news
- 12Ukraine accuses Russian aid convoy of stealing factory equipment | euronews, world news
- 13Young Yazidi girl escapes Islamic State kidnappers | euronews, world news
- 14EU leaders name Donald Tusk European Council president | euronews, world news
- 15#Indyref Live: Scotland votes on independence from UK | euronews, world news
- 16The business benefits of EU chemical regulation | euronews, business planet
- 17Canada sends hilarious barb to Russia over Ukraine ‘incursions’ | euronews, world news
- 18Official ‘executed by flame-thrower’ over links to Kim Jong-un’s purged uncle | euronews, world news
- 19Thousands of Catalans call for choice on split from Spain | euronews, world news
- 20Iceland puts on a show as two of its volcanoes spew out lava | euronews, world news
Wires > News
- 02:06 CET U.N. Security Council blacklists foreign fighters, recruiters
- 01:55 CET Exclusive – U.S. told Iran of intent to strike Islamic State in…
- 01:45 CET Poll shows Brazil’s Rousseff with 7-point lead in second round…
- 01:30 CET Colombia’s Santos says using ‘carrot and stick’ to disarm FARC
- 01:17 CET Analysis – Obama’s Syria war carries risks for him at home and…
- 01:10 CET Fired UPS worker kills two supervisors, self, in Alabama shooting
- 01:01 CET U.N. climate summit sets goals to save forests, use clean energy
- 00:54 CET Judge in Chile jails bombing suspects during investigation