Gregor Schlierenzauer rewrote the history books on Sunday by setting the record for most career World Cup ski jumping victories.
The 23-year-old Austrian beat the previous record tally of Matti Nykanen earlier on Sunday when he claimed his 47th triumph of his career.
But then later in the day he made it 48 with another victory on the flying hill in Harrachov, the Czech Republic.
Schlierenzauer, who jumped 197.5 for his second win of the day, is the runaway overall leader and after 19 of 28 events he has 1200 points – 443 points clear of closest challenger Anders Bardal of Norway.
Jan Matura gave the partisan crowd something to cheer about when the Czech landed a jump of 194.5 metres to garner 187.2 points and take the runners up spot in the second event of Sunday.
The 33 year old – who is now seventh in the overall title race – finished 4.6 points behind Schlierenzauer.
Jurij Tepes rounded off the afternoon’s podium in third place. The Slovenian was 1.1 points behind after a leap of 193.5 metres.
It was his first individual podium of the season but third overall after helping Slovenia to victory in the team events in Zakopane last month and a third place finish in Kussamo in November.
- 1euronews live TV - News | euronews : the latest international news as video on demand
- 2Russia unveils ‘straight’ flag, internet responds
- 3Seven reasons why Yanis Varoufakis is now a political legend
- 4Greek crisis: ‘Agreement reached’ after marathon talks
- 5International news | euronews, latest international news
- 6Nasa announces the discovery of an earth-like planet
- 7French actor Gérard Depardieu ‘a threat to Ukraine national security’
- 8Is Saudi Arabia outlawing rainbows for being gay?
- 9Pluto: New Horizons space probe provides closest-ever pictures
- 10Latest News Bulletin
- 11International breaking news | euronews online world breaking news in video
- 12BREAKING: Formal nuclear deal reached with Iran, says diplomat
- 13Greece votes ‘No’ in overwhelming rejection of bailout proposals
- 14‘Imposed’ bailout deal must be implemented, says Greek PM
- 15At least 10 dead in explosion in Turkish town close to border with Syria
- 16Greece clinches deal with eurogroup after marathon talks
- 17Berlusconi linked with a shock return to government – in Russia!
- 18Israel angry as Iran and West talk up nuclear deal
- 19Varoufakis resigns after Greek referendum
- 20European Union News | euronews: latest breaking news and headlines about European Union
Wires > Sport
- 11:50 CET Selfies and six packs to derail Arsenal’s title hopes: Keane
- 11:23 CET Beale standing in the Wallabies wings waiting for his part
- 10:54 CET Paraguay backs Platini for FIFA president
- 10:51 CET Sport rocked by ‘wild’ doping allegations
- 07:44 CET Rome does not plan referendum for 2024 Olympics bid
- 07:07 CET Osborne called into All Blacks squad, Kerr-Barlow returns
- 04:18 CET Ronaldinho marks winning return to Brazil
- 01:38 CET Athletes shrug off pollution issues at Rio Olympic test