Violence flared in southern Turkey when riot police clashed with a group of protesters demonstrating in support of the Kurdish community in Syria.
Thousands had gathered for a demonstration organised by the pro-Kurd Peace and Democracy party.
Clashes broke out when protesters chanted banned refrains in support of PKK leader Abdullah Ocalan.
- 1Greece votes ‘No’ in overwhelming rejection of bailout proposals
- 2Greek debt: who will pay if Greece fails?
- 3Istanbul Gay pride quashed by riot police, rubber bullets and water cannon
- 4Saakashvili warns of Odessa region’s importance to Ukraine
- 5Tsipras says if Greeks approve the EU’s aid plan, Syriza will resign
- 1euronews live TV - News | euronews : the latest international news as video on demand
- 2Greek debt crisis is “absolute supremacy of capital over humans”
- 3[Live updates] NGO flotilla bids to break Israeli blockade of Gaza
- 4[LIVE UPDATES] Greek debt deadline looms
- 5Large Hadron Collider ready to embark on an unprecedented voyage of discovery
- 6Istanbul Gay pride quashed by riot police, rubber bullets and water cannon
- 7[LIVE UPDATES] France: man decapitated, several wounded in chemical plant attack
- 8Israel prepares to repel boarders as ‘Freedom Flotilla 3’ tries to run Gaza blockade
- 9Greek debt summit – Live updates
- 10Spain’s first case of diphtheria in 30 years: parents of six-year-old ‘oppose vaccines’
- 11‘Distractingly sexy’ scientists hit back in lab chemistry polemic
- 12NewsWires : euronews : the latest international news as video on demand
- 13Summit up in Brussels as Greek proposals give food for thought and rumours fly
- 14Greece votes ‘No’ in overwhelming rejection of bailout proposals
- 15Battle of Waterloo, live-tweeting 200 years on
- 16Greek PM faces day of crucial bailout talks in Brussels
- 17Citizens take power in Spain’s largest cities as a political revolution sweeps the country
- 18Greek debt: who will pay if Greece fails?
- 19Italy discovers biggest illegal waste dump in Europe
- 20Hungary: billboard war sparks international concern
Wires > News
- 13:08 CET Suspected Islamist militants kill 44 in central Nigeria city Jos
- 12:40 CET Islamic State regains town near Syria’s Raqqa after air strikes -…
- 12:31 CET China downplays Hillary Clinton claim it hacked U.S. information
- 12:22 CET Cameron’s fight against militancy leads to battle over freedoms
- 12:13 CET Iraqi jet mistakenly bombs Baghdad district, five killed
- 11:16 CET Philippines confirms second MERS case
- 10:57 CET China says Xinjiang has no ‘ethnic problem’ after Turkey protests
- 10:02 CET Singaporean blogger sentenced to jail time already served