A hostage standoff in a town in the United States has entered its eighth day.
The suspect, Jimmy Lee Dykes, shot a school bus driver dead in Midland City in Alabama before taking a five-year-old passenger hostage and holding him in an underground bunker.
He is thought to have a television so reporting of negotiations is restricted.
Copyright © 2014 euronewsMore about:
- 1Ukraine as it happened: Crimean referendum widens US-Russia split
- 2Ukraine as it happened: EU and US announce sanctions to Russia as talks linger on
- 3Syria’s Assad expresses support for Putin on Ukraine
- 4Russia: Pussy Riot suffer burns and head injuries after being attacked at McDonalds
- 5Claims Michael Schumacher is breathing independently played down by his management
- 1Oscars 2014: ’12 Years a Slave’ makes history with best picture Oscar
- 2Ukraine as it happened: Moscow start talks with Kyiv under US and EU threats of sanctions
- 3Read Jared Leto’s touching, thoughtful acceptance speech
- 4Ukraine: Violent clashes in Kharkiv leave dozens injured
- 5Ukraine as it happened: UN envoy chased in Crimea, Russia-US talks in Paris
Wires > News
- 22:32 CET Three killed in Cairo clashes, 48 wounded across Egypt
- 21:50 CET U.S. special forces sent to train Iraqi special forces in Jordan
- 21:34 CET Latin American foreign ministers to discuss Venezuela unrest
- 21:26 CET Turkey’s former army chief freed from prison
- 21:03 CET Netanyahu says Israel would give up ‘some settlements’ for peace
- 20:45 CET Iran, world powers hold ‘substantive and useful’ nuclear talks
- 20:44 CET Yemen names new oil and interior ministers – state news agency
- 20:40 CET U.S. State Department says June deadline on Syria chemical weapons…