Anthony Hopkins plays film legend Alfred Hitchcock in the Sacha Gervasi-helmed movie Hitchcock, which explores the period in the director’s life when he was trying to get Psycho made.
Anthony Hopkins said: “It’s about his wife and his relationship, his personality and their combination, her support of him, her brilliant editing techniques, her knowledge of film, her advice to him – how she guided him because he needed guidance – but it so happened that ‘Psycho’ brought them closer together because he took a terrible risk: mortgaging his house – everything they had, everything made work for all the years and she said, ‘Let’s go ahead and do it.’ That made for a great love story.”
Helen Mirren plays his wife Alma Reville, herself an astute filmmaker. She said: “It’s about a creative partnership – the creative partnership between Alfred Hitchcock and Alma Reville and it’s to reveal that to the audience. It’s something that very few people know about. Ultimately it’s about that relationship, but it’s not meant to be an historic documentary or anything like that. It’s an imaginative film. It’s a movie as Alfred Hitchcock would say. It’s only a movie.”
Hitchcock also stars Scarlett Johansson as Psycho star Janet Leigh and opens in the UK this week.
- 1euronews live TV - News | euronews : the latest international news as video on demand
- 2Syrian refugee tripped by shamed camera woman is named
- 3Hungarian camera woman caught on video kicking and tripping migrants could face jail
- 4Hungarian reporter who tripped migrants apologises for her actions
- 5NASA discovers evidence of “liquid briny water” flowing on Mars
- 6Latest News Bulletin
- 7At least 220 dead in stampede outside Mecca, Saudi Arabia reports
- 8Egyptian billionaire offers to buy Mediterranean island to house refugees
- 9International breaking news | euronews online world breaking news in video
- 10Denmark: launches anti-migrant ad campaign
- 11Hungarian camerawoman fired after being filmed kicking migrants
- 12Why aren’t rich Gulf states welcoming Syrian refugees… or are they?
- 13Spain: Catalan President faces ‘civil disobedience’ charges over breakaway vote
- 14Banzai back in the vocabulary as Japan passes law allowing combat deployments
- 15Exclusive: shipwatchers chart Russian hardware heading into Med
- 16Why aren’t rich Gulf states welcoming Syrian refugees…or are they?
- 17International news | euronews, latest international news
- 18Which European countries offer the most social benefits to migrants?
- 19What the top tweets worldwide are saying about #refugees
- 20[Live] Catalonia: separatists heading for clear win in crucial elections