Retired Cuban leader Fidel Castro chatted with well-wishers and reporters in Havana as he voted in the country’s general election.
It was the 86-year-old former president’s first extended public appearance since 2010.
Voters can opt for their choice of candidates from a list selected by the Communist Party.
Copyright © 2013 euronewsMore about:
- 08:03 CET Palestinians see worrisome trend in ‘honour’ killings rise
- 07:58 CET Suicide bomber attacks German troops near airport in Afghan capital
- 07:06 CET Unpaid Thai rice farmers may protest, adding to PM’s woes
- 06:56 CET India’s Supreme Court reinstates ban on gay sex
- 06:51 CET Japan’s defence plans focus on China and islands dispute
- 05:26 CET China cuts more red tape, paves way for NDRC slim-down
- 04:23 CET Chinese paper rejects comparison between Mandela and Nobel…
- 02:14 CET Colombia’s ousted Bogota mayor rallies thousands in protest