Iran’s president Mahmoud Ahmadinejad has volunteered to become his country’s first astronaut.
Flushed with the success of last week’s monkey space flight, Ahmadinejad wants to go where no Iranian has gone before.
In 2011 he promised Iran would send a man into space by 2019, although few at the time could have thought he was thinking of himself.
Latest world news
Incredible scenes in the Turkish parliament
Reckitt Benckiser apologises over South Korea deadly disinfectant
US cruise ship docks in Havana over 40 years since the last sailed the Florida Straits
Bye bye San Francisco, destination Phoenix for Solar Impulse 2
Russians offered free land in the country’s Far East
Wires > News
- 23:04 CET U.S. tells Pakistan it will have to fund F-16s itself
- 22:14 CET Leader of Canada’s separatist Parti Quebecois steps down
- 22:13 CET Emotional return as first U.S. cruise in decades reaches Cuba
- 22:11 CET EU executive to propose visa-free travel for Turks on Wednesday…
- 20:50 CET U.S. says Iraq’s PM in ‘strong position’ amid political unrest
- 19:40 CET Saudi minister confirms warning on proposed U.S. law on 9/11
- 19:32 CET One person killed by rocket fire in Turkey’s Kilis – source
- 19:23 CET Honduras arrests suspects in killing of activist Caceres