A far-left Turkish terrorist group has claimed a suicide attack on the US embassy in Ankara.
The Revolutionary People’s Liberation Army-Front posted details on a website with a picture of the bomber Ecevit Sanli.
A Turkish security guard and the bomber died in the blast.
Investigators say Sanli had travelled from Germany and was armed with high-explosives and grenades.
Three people have been arrested.
The group is virulently opposed to the United States and accused the Turkish prime minister of being a ‘puppet’ of Washington.
It wants the US to remove Patriot missiles deployed in Turkey as a defence against the violence in neighbouring Syria.
Copyright © 2013 euronewsMore about:
- 02:57 CET Former rebel mayor of Colombia’s capital removed from post
- 01:52 CET Three Cuban migrants feared killed off Florida coast
- 01:48 CET Chinese hackers spied on Europeans before G20 meeting – researcher
- 00:49 CET Egypt to hold mid-January constitutional referendum -minister
- 00:46 CET Eight bodies, some dismembered, found on Mexican highway
- 00:31 CET Iran’s Zarif says nuclear deal dead if U.S. passes new sanctions
- 22:23 CET U.S. university drops claim Chinese dissident Chen was spied on
- 22:09 CET Exclusive – Russia signs deal to forgive $29 billion of Cuba’s…