03/02/13 01:35 CET
| updated xx mn ago
| updated at xx
A far-left Turkish terrorist group has claimed a suicide attack on the US embassy in Ankara.
The Revolutionary People’s Liberation Army-Front posted details on a website with a picture of the bomber Ecevit Sanli.
A Turkish security guard and the bomber died in the blast.
Investigators say Sanli had travelled from Germany and was armed with high-explosives and grenades.
Three people have been arrested.
The group is virulently opposed to the United States and accused the Turkish prime minister of being a ‘puppet’ of Washington.
It wants the US to remove Patriot missiles deployed in Turkey as a defence against the violence in neighbouring Syria.
Wires > News
- 11:53 CET Russian foreign ministry summons Polish ambassador
- 11:45 CET South African court calls for review of decision to drop Zuma…
- 11:42 CET Thailand jails eight activists charged with sedition
- 11:38 CET German minister concerned migrant numbers via Libya, Italy will…
- 11:35 CET Austrian presidential election too close to call, poll suggests
- 11:18 CET German conservatives, Greens set for state coalition – source
- 10:57 CET Russia, U.S. agree ‘regime of silence’ in Syria from midnight on…
- 10:55 CET Australian aid worker believed kidnapped in Afghanistan