An amateur video posted on the Internet appears to show the aftermath of a Syrian government missile attack on the war torn city of Aleppo.
The Syrian Observatory for Human Rights says as many as 16 people were killed in the strike, including ten under the age of 18.
The 22-month-old conflict has claimed more than 60,000 lives.
And the bloodshed looks set to continue.
- 1Germany: #Cutesolidarity response to Kinder chocolate controversy
- 2Hero’s welcome for Ukraine pilot Nadiya Savchenko after Russia prisoner swap
- 3In the EU ‘one in three deaths of under-75s is avoidable,’ says Eurostat
- 4Germany’s carrot and stick approach to refugee integration
- 5G7 leaders visit Japanese holy shrine ahead of summit
- 1The nuclear waste site at the heart of Canada’s wildfires
- 2Turkey warns EU migrant deal could collapse if visa-waiver isn’t speeded up
- 3Eurozone ministers agree “breakthrough” deal with Greece
- 4More fuel frustration as French pickets refuse to back down
- 5Ukrainian pilot Savchenko back in Kyiv after 2 years in Russian jail
- 1EgyptAir crash: airline says Flight MS804 wreckage found
- 2The nuclear waste site at the heart of Canada’s wildfires
- 3Venezuela economy fractured with shortages of essentials across the country
- 4Crimean Tatars look for Eurovision boost on day of national tragedy
- 5Emergency response: inside Ecuador’s disaster zones
Wires > News
- 16:22 CET Sanders may debate Trump, not Clinton, before California contest
- 16:20 CET Iran’s Khamenei calls for vigilance against West’s ‘soft war’ -…
- 15:45 CET French union leads anti-reform protests, warns of Euro soccer cup…
- 15:27 CET Italy says migrant boat capsized, second in two days
- 15:13 CET Poland’s rule of law dispute keeps some investors away – deputy PM
- 15:10 CET Military push, economic hardship fuel insurgency in Nigeria’s Delta
- 15:05 CET Migrants stranded in Greece take to fields to avoid state-run camps
- 14:25 CET No masking Trump’s popularity at Chinese Partytime Factory