Twitter says 250,000 accounts have been hacked in a major security breach.
Anonymous hackers gained access to usernames, email addresses and passwords.
Twitter’s security team say the attack was the work of professionals.
On the Friday the social networking site noticed unusual access patterns that led to accounts being compromised.
The attack on Twitter is the latest in a number of high-profile security breaches.
The Wall Street journal and the New York Times were hit in the last 14 days.
The US newspapers both claim their systems were attacked by China-based hackers.
Twitter has 200 million users worldwide.
Copyright © 2013 euronewsMore about:
- 02:57 CET Former rebel mayor of Colombia’s capital removed from post
- 01:52 CET Three Cuban migrants feared killed off Florida coast
- 01:48 CET Chinese hackers spied on Europeans before G20 meeting – researcher
- 00:49 CET Egypt to hold mid-January constitutional referendum -minister
- 00:46 CET Eight bodies, some dismembered, found on Mexican highway
- 00:31 CET Iran’s Zarif says nuclear deal dead if U.S. passes new sanctions
- 22:23 CET U.S. university drops claim Chinese dissident Chen was spied on
- 22:09 CET Exclusive – Russia signs deal to forgive $29 billion of Cuba’s…