01/02/13 14:45 CET
| updated xx mn ago
| updated at xx
A suicide bomber attacked one of the entrances to the US Embassy in Ankara on Friday, killing a Turkish security guard.
A woman, reportedly a journalist, was critically injured.
The assailant also died during the blast.
Turkey’s government has named him as Ecevit Sanli, a member of outlawed far-left group the DHKP.
Prime Minister Recep Tayyip Erdoğan said the attack is the latest in a series of terrorist acts threatening peace in Turkey:
“All these attacks are against prosperity and peace in our country. As we have said since the beginning, we have to fight against terrorism together all over the world,” Erdogan said.
The US state department is investigating the incident in cooperation with the Turkish authorities.
- 1Turkey blames US for ‘sea of blood’ in region
- 2Einstein was right! Scientists confirm that gravitational waves exist
- 3Nigeria: suicide bomber turns herself in after recognising relatives among potential victims
- 4Snowden, Assange and Manning statues unveiled in Berlin
- 5World powers arrive in Munich hoping to resurrect Syrian peace talks
- 1euronews live TV - News | euronews : the latest international news as video on demand
- 2International news | euronews, latest international news
- 3Most Istanbul blast victims ‘were German’, says Turkey
- 4Madrid to appeal Catalan road to independence from Spain
- 5Thousands in Bucharest blame corruption for Friday’s nightclub blaze
- 6Partnering to grow Europe
- 7Moldova: protesters storm Parliament
- 8Hope vs harsh reality: challenges to global education goals in the 21st century
- 9Extras : euronews : the latest international news as video on demand
- 10Merroussis clinches the 33rd Athens Authentic Marathon
- 11Norway sends Syrian refugees back to Russia
- 12‘National’ funeral for Celine Dion’s husband ‘over the top’
- 13Jorge Lorenzo clinches his third MotoGP title in Valencia
- 14International breaking news | euronews online world breaking news in video
- 15Special Reports : euronews : the latest international news as video on demand
- 16latest Learning World - All Programmes | euronews : the latest international news as video on demand
- 17Benzema questioned in French sex tape case
- 18Middle East - News | euronews : the latest international news as video on demand
- 19Paris: “I would rather see my brother in prison than in a cemetery”
- 20world Weather | euronews: world ten day weather forecast
Wires > News
- 21:37 CET Iran’s windfall from nuclear deal cut in half by debts – …
- 21:21 CET France’s Hollande reshuffles cabinet with eye on 2017 election
- 21:11 CET Exclusive – Brother of ex-Chinese official sharing golf secrets in…
- 21:08 CET Saudi warns U.N., aid workers to leave rebel-held areas in Yemen
- 20:39 CET Gloom at Syria talks as Russia backs government advance
- 20:31 CET Obama, Netanyahu may agree defence deal in Washington next month…
- 20:07 CET Russia boosts ties with Iraq in challenge to U.S. influence
- 20:04 CET Kremlin critic Navalny files lawsuit against Putin