A suicide bomber attacked one of the entrances to the US Embassy in Ankara on Friday, killing a Turkish security guard.
A woman, reportedly a journalist, was critically injured.
The assailant also died during the blast.
Turkey’s government has named him as Ecevit Sanli, a member of outlawed far-left group the DHKP.
Prime Minister Recep Tayyip Erdoğan said the attack is the latest in a series of terrorist acts threatening peace in Turkey:
“All these attacks are against prosperity and peace in our country. As we have said since the beginning, we have to fight against terrorism together all over the world,” Erdogan said.
The US state department is investigating the incident in cooperation with the Turkish authorities.
- 1euronews live TV - News | euronews : the latest international news as video on demand
- 2Russia unveils ‘straight’ flag, internet responds
- 3Seven reasons why Yanis Varoufakis is now a political legend
- 4Greek crisis: ‘Agreement reached’ after marathon talks
- 5International news | euronews, latest international news
- 6Nasa announces the discovery of an earth-like planet
- 7French actor Gérard Depardieu ‘a threat to Ukraine national security’
- 8Is Saudi Arabia outlawing rainbows for being gay?
- 9Pluto: New Horizons space probe provides closest-ever pictures
- 10Latest News Bulletin
- 11International breaking news | euronews online world breaking news in video
- 12BREAKING: Formal nuclear deal reached with Iran, says diplomat
- 13Greece votes ‘No’ in overwhelming rejection of bailout proposals
- 14‘Imposed’ bailout deal must be implemented, says Greek PM
- 15At least 10 dead in explosion in Turkish town close to border with Syria
- 16Greece clinches deal with eurogroup after marathon talks
- 17Berlusconi linked with a shock return to government – in Russia!
- 18Israel angry as Iran and West talk up nuclear deal
- 19Varoufakis resigns after Greek referendum
- 20European Union News | euronews: latest breaking news and headlines about European Union
Latest world news
US-Egypt relations return to ‘stronger base’ says John Kerry
Canada PM Stephen Harper announces October 19 election
Firefighter dies as forest blazes rage across California
British singer and TV star Cilla Black dies in Spain
China looks skywards with construction of huge telescope
Wires > News
- 04:05 CET Mexico City prosecutor confirms killing of news photographer
- 03:17 CET U.N. states agree post-2015 sustainable development agenda
- 00:46 CET Nigeria’s army says rescued 178 captives of Boko Haram
- 22:44 CET Rouhani says nuclear deal a ‘third way’ for Iranian foreign policy
- 21:48 CET Saudi Arabian king leaves France after holiday controversy
- 21:21 CET Egypt president signs elections law – official gazette
- 19:49 CET Israel approves jailing Jewish militants without trial to resolve…
- 19:33 CET Plane skids off Indonesian runway, three injured and airport closed