01/02/13 14:45 CET
| updated xx mn ago
| updated at xx
A suicide bomber attacked one of the entrances to the US Embassy in Ankara on Friday, killing a Turkish security guard.
A woman, reportedly a journalist, was critically injured.
The assailant also died during the blast.
Turkey’s government has named him as Ecevit Sanli, a member of outlawed far-left group the DHKP.
Prime Minister Recep Tayyip Erdoğan said the attack is the latest in a series of terrorist acts threatening peace in Turkey:
“All these attacks are against prosperity and peace in our country. As we have said since the beginning, we have to fight against terrorism together all over the world,” Erdogan said.
The US state department is investigating the incident in cooperation with the Turkish authorities.
Wires > News
- 05:00 CET Top prosecutor asks to investigate Brazil president
- 04:32 CET Tough-talking mayor keeps poll lead a week before Philippine…
- 04:21 CET Islamic State kills U.S. Navy SEAL in northern Iraq
- 04:20 CET Australian mining magnate Clive Palmer won’t seek re-election
- 02:00 CET Singapore set to pick military helicopters as arms spending rises
- 01:31 CET Australia PM Turnbull confirms will call election for July 2
- 00:01 CET Russia delays U.N. council condemnation of North Korea missile…
- 21:53 CET Proposed Irish government to prioritise spending over tax cuts -…