The 47th edition of the Super Bowl takes place on Sunday and pits the San Francisco 49ers against the Baltimore Ravens in New Orleans, Louisiana.
But as like in previous years the build up to the most watched US telecast is not all about the teams, players and coaches.
At a cost of about four million dollars for 30 seconds highly-anticipated Super bowl adverts are creating quite the buzz as companies also look to cash in on the championship game.
Ann Mukherjee, senior vice president and chief marketing officer of Frito-La North America, said: ‘‘This is the holy grail of advertising. And so when you get on that stage and everyone is watching, it’s almost a sport in itself, advertising. And when you come out a winner, you are just as big as the team that won the Super Bowl itself right, so its huge.’‘
Due to the stratospheric cost of placing an ad it’s usually the same advertisers involved every year.
And although celebrities and humour remain the tried, tested and successful theme businesses are now including social media in the mix not only to promote the product before and after the game but also to gage viewers reactions to the ads during the match.
Peter Shankman, Marketing consultant and CEO of Geek factory said: ‘‘You’ll know immediately if your ad has any sort of success by whether or not it’s trending on Twitter. Twitter is a boon for advertisers in the respect that they can see in real time if that ad is working, what people are saying and of course Twitter’s top trending lists right to the right on the homepage of Twitter show you what’s working and what’s not.’‘
Sunday’s game promises a television audience of over 100 million people and despite the cost of some 4 million dollars per 30 seconds most advertisers and viewers will agree that its money definitely well spent.
- 1Sochi 2015: Russia’s expensive Olympic village falling into ruin
- 2Sochi gears up for Sunday’s Russian Grand Prix
- 3South Korea’s Chung Mong-joon dismisses FIFA charges against him
- 4Holland and Sweden face crucial Euro qualifier fixtures
- 5Graham Jarvis beats Jonny Walker in thrilling Red Bull Sea to Sky Enduro final in Turkey
- 1Greek freejumper delights crowds in Santorini in the Redbull Art of Motion 2015 finals
- 2Liverpool manager sacked eight games in to Premier League
- 3Sochi 2015: Russia’s expensive Olympic village falling into ruin
- 4England dumped out of their own World Cup
- 5[Live] All the Rugby World Cup news in one place
- 1Djokovic takes the glory but both he and Nadal take the money in Thailand exhibition
- 2England dumped out of their own World Cup
- 3Greek freejumper delights crowds in Santorini in the Redbull Art of Motion 2015 finals
- 4Sochi 2015: Russia’s expensive Olympic village falling into ruin
- 5Champions League day two match preview
- 1euronews live TV - News | euronews : the latest international news as video on demand
- 2Syrian refugee tripped by shamed camera woman is named
- 3Hungarian camera woman caught on video kicking and tripping migrants could face jail
- 4Hungarian reporter who tripped migrants apologises for her actions
- 5NASA discovers evidence of “liquid briny water” flowing on Mars
- 6Latest News Bulletin
- 7At least 220 dead in stampede outside Mecca, Saudi Arabia reports
- 8International breaking news | euronews online world breaking news in video
- 9Denmark: launches anti-migrant ad campaign
- 10Hungarian camerawoman fired after being filmed kicking migrants
- 11Why aren’t rich Gulf states welcoming Syrian refugees… or are they?
- 12Why aren’t rich Gulf states welcoming Syrian refugees…or are they?
- 13Spain: Catalan President faces ‘civil disobedience’ charges over breakaway vote
- 14Banzai back in the vocabulary as Japan passes law allowing combat deployments
- 15Exclusive: shipwatchers chart Russian hardware heading into Med
- 16Which European countries offer the most social benefits to migrants?
- 17International news | euronews, latest international news
- 18What the top tweets worldwide are saying about #refugees
- 19[Live] All the Rugby World Cup news in one place
- 20[Live] Catalonia: separatists heading for clear win in crucial elections
Messi’s father faces jail over tax fraud charges
Holland and Sweden face crucial Euro qualifier fixtures
Graham Jarvis beats Jonny Walker in thrilling Red Bull Sea to Sky Enduro final in Turkey
Sochi gears up for Sunday’s Russian Grand Prix
South Korea’s Chung Mong-joon dismisses FIFA charges against him
Wires > Sport
- 01:21 CET Ireland assistant says new dad Keane will play Germany
- 00:08 CET Lack of experience costs England dear
- 23:39 CET Germany great Mueller suffering from Alzheimers – Bayern
- 22:48 CET Formula One could be sold this year – Ecclestone
- 22:00 CET De Bruyne to be given lead role for Belgium
- 21:08 CET Samoan Tuilagi suspended for five weeks
- 21:05 CET South American qualifiers start without elite quintet
- 20:21 CET Germany have one eye on the finals, Ireland one on Scotland