01/02/13 18:48 CET
| updated xx mn ago
| updated at xx
The US economy unexpectedly shrank at the end of last year, news that was released just as the Federal Reserve policymakers were holding their regular monthly meeting.
The US central bank confirmed there was a pause in the growth of economic activity in recent months and so its stimulus policies continue, for now.
Apparently for the Spanish economy the time has also come for more stimulus. The Madrid government has said it will ease some austerity measures. Could Spain get back on track without the EU’s help?
The eurozone’s businesses have not been rushing to take out loans, according to the latest data from the European Central Bank. Why is that?
In this edition of Business Weekly we discuss all those issues with Jonathan Ferro from Bloomberg.
- 1euronews live TV - News | euronews : the latest international news as video on demand
- 2International news | euronews, latest international news
- 3Hope vs harsh reality: challenges to global education goals in the 21st century
- 4Madrid to appeal Catalan road to independence from Spain
- 5Thousands in Bucharest blame corruption for Friday’s nightclub blaze
- 6Jorge Lorenzo clinches his third MotoGP title in Valencia
- 7Turkey: Explosion hits Istanbul’s main tourist district
- 8Paris: “I would rather see my brother in prison than in a cemetery”
- 9Extras : euronews : the latest international news as video on demand
- 10Partnering to grow Europe
- 11Macedonian Postcards: The Mavrovo National Park
- 12Moldova: protesters storm Parliament
- 13Benzema questioned in French sex tape case
- 14Business news and finance news | euronews: international economic and finance news
- 15Brussels remains on high alert: ‘multiple operations underway’ across Belgium
- 16Special Reports : euronews : the latest international news as video on demand
- 17Norway sends Syrian refugees back to Russia
- 18smart care - All Programmes | euronews : the latest international news as video on demand
- 19latest Learning World - All Programmes | euronews : the latest international news as video on demand
- 20Meet Bernie Sanders, the democratic socialist who wants to be US president
Wires > Business
- 20:35 CET Seven countries call for EU action to help steel industry
- 20:22 CET Investors cheer Argentina’s swift offer to holdouts
- 01:36 CET Exclusive: Pentagon’s budget plan funds 404 Lockheed F-35 jets -…
- 01:08 CET BlackBerry cuts 200 jobs in Ontario and Florida to trim costs
- 23:04 CET New Jersey sues VW over excess diesel emissions
- 22:39 CET Global stocks fall after U.S. jobs report muddles Fed outlook
- 22:12 CET 1957 Ferrari racing car sold at auction for record $35.6 million
- 21:46 CET Eurosytem financial assets grew by 5 percent per year since 2002 -…