Southeastern parts of the USA have been ploughed by a storm front in which the winds caused at least two people’s deaths.
The community of Adairsville, north of Atlanta, Georgia, was left shredded.
Tornadoes were reported in Mississippi, Indiana and Tennessee, along a more than thousand kilometre corridor.
At Owen’s Bar-B-Q roadside grill, employee Chrystal Bagley said: “It lasted probably about, I want to say about 20 seconds, maybe. After we made it into the rest room it quit.”
Haulier Danny Odum said: “When we went back, my truck was turned over and all the glass was blown out of it. My dog was in it but he’s not hurt. Nobody’s hurt. That’s the main thing.”
Emergency officials said minor injuries requiring hospital treatment were sporadic.
The wind split and hurled trees and treated large objects like toys all the way north to Pennsylvania, which borders on the state of New York.
Copyright © 2014 euronewsMore about:
- 1South Korea: Dramatic amateur footage emerges of final moments before stricken ferry capsizes
- 2Ukraine: US, Russia and EU strike deal after crisis talks
- 3Scientists find new Earth-sized planet that could host life
- 4Geneva talks defy predictions of failure but will words turn into actions?
- 5A mother’s slap signals mercy for a convicted Iranian murderer
- 1Ukrainian troops allegedly desert to join pro-Russian forces in Slavyansk
- 2As it happened : Kyiv and Moscow reach agreement on de-escalation roadmap
- 3‘Rubbish’: Putin slams claims that Russia is behind Ukraine revolt
- 4Pro-Russian activists seize Ukraine armoured vehicles
- 5Pictures and videos of April 15 lunar “Blood Moon” eclipse
Wires > News
- 21:30 CET Top Hollande aide quits in conflict of interest row
- 21:00 CET How the U.S. made its Putin problem worse
- 20:50 CET Italy gives wife, daughter, of wanted Kazakh banker refugee status
- 20:34 CET Avalanche kills 12 guides in deadliest incident on Mount Everest
- 20:07 CET Brazilian tycoon Batista investigated for financial crimes -reports
- 19:56 CET Pakistani police arrest 6 suspected militant assassins
- 19:49 CET Erdogan challenges social media in top Turkish court
- 19:17 CET Bomb blast kills 14 at mosque in Syria’s Homs – state TV