Southeastern parts of the USA have been ploughed by a storm front in which the winds caused at least two people’s deaths.
The community of Adairsville, north of Atlanta, Georgia, was left shredded.
Tornadoes were reported in Mississippi, Indiana and Tennessee, along a more than thousand kilometre corridor.
At Owen’s Bar-B-Q roadside grill, employee Chrystal Bagley said: “It lasted probably about, I want to say about 20 seconds, maybe. After we made it into the rest room it quit.”
Haulier Danny Odum said: “When we went back, my truck was turned over and all the glass was blown out of it. My dog was in it but he’s not hurt. Nobody’s hurt. That’s the main thing.”
Emergency officials said minor injuries requiring hospital treatment were sporadic.
The wind split and hurled trees and treated large objects like toys all the way north to Pennsylvania, which borders on the state of New York.
Copyright © 2014 euronewsMore about:
- 1Oklahoma supreme court halts executions pending drugs hearing
- 2Ukraine: US releases photos of alleged Russian special forces in the east
- 3Nepalese sherpas threaten strike in wake of Everest avalanche tragedy
- 4Death toll now 87 in South Korea ferry sinking; 215 missing
- 5Miracle stowaway survives five hour jet flight hidden in wheel well
- 1TV newscaster keeps calm as quake hits Mexico
- 2South Korea: Dramatic amateur footage emerges of final moments before stricken ferry capsizes
- 3Scientists find new Earth-sized planet that could host life
- 4Pictures and videos of April 15 lunar “Blood Moon” eclipse
- 5Ukrainian troops allegedly desert to join pro-Russian forces in Slavyansk
Wires > News
- 23:49 CET Colombia ICRC says peace may solve mystery of disappeared
- 23:20 CET Two policemen, militant killed in Egypt
- 22:36 CET Vandals deface Pope John Paul II memorial before canonisation
- 22:24 CET Car bomb kills four in Kenyan capital
- 22:03 CET Hamas, Abbas’s PLO announce reconciliation agreement
- 22:02 CET Three charged in plot to ship chemical lab equipment from U.S. to…
- 21:55 CET Turkey’s Erdogan offers condolences for 1915 killings of Armenians
- 21:40 CET Russia, China block Central African Republic blacklistings at U.N.