Russia’s Foreign Ministry has said, if true, reports of an Israeli attack in Syria are “unacceptable, no matter the motives to justify it.” Moscow also spoke of a military intervention that “blatantly violates the UN Charter”.
So far, there is no word from Israel about whether or not they carried out a bombing in Jamraya, between the Syrian capital Damascus and the border with Lebanon.
Syrian state television blamed Israel for two deaths and five people being injured in the destruction of what it says is a research centre.
Unconfirmed reports claim Israeli Defence Force (IDF) jets bombed a convoy in Syria on its way to Lebanon carrying weapons bound for militant group Hezbollah.
Israel has also refused to comment on Beirut’s claims that IDF jets were in Lebanese airspace for over 15 hours, including the time the bombing took place.
Many suspect if the strike was carried out by Israel, it may have been a warning to Damascus not to supply weapons to Hezbollah, whose militants fire rockets at Israeli border towns.
- 1Flight MH17: was shot down by a BUK missile fired from Eastern Ukraine – Dutch report
- 2Netanyahu vows ‘knife terror’ won’t beat Israel as stabbings multiply
- 3Germany: PEGIDA slams Merkel over refugee influx
- 4ISIL training children to kill
- 5YPG militia alliance set to attack ISIL stronghold Raqqa “within weeks”
- 1Putin adds diplomatic strand to bolster Syrian air strikes
- 2Russian cruise missiles strikes prompt global aviation officials to issue safety alerts
- 3Russia tries to reassure Saudi Arabia over Syria air strikes
- 4Iraqi military claims to have killed several senior ISIL members including leader al – Baghdadi
- 5Belarus election: Lukashenko wins landslide of more than 80 percent – exit polls
- 1euronews live TV - News | euronews : the latest international news as video on demand
- 2NASA discovers evidence of “liquid briny water” flowing on Mars
- 3Latest News Bulletin
- 4At least 220 dead in stampede outside Mecca, Saudi Arabia reports
- 5Why aren’t rich Gulf states welcoming Syrian refugees…or are they?
- 6[Live] All the Rugby World Cup news in one place
- 7International news | euronews, latest international news
- 8International breaking news | euronews online world breaking news in video
- 9Why aren’t rich Gulf states welcoming Syrian refugees… or are they?
- 10Syrian refugee tripped by shamed camera woman is named
- 11Spain: Catalan President faces ‘civil disobedience’ charges over breakaway vote
- 12Banzai back in the vocabulary as Japan passes law allowing combat deployments
- 13Exclusive: shipwatchers chart Russian hardware heading into Med
- 14Which European countries offer the most social benefits to migrants?
- 15[Live] Catalonia: separatists heading for clear win in crucial elections
- 16Israel agents ‘incite’ stone-throwing in West Bank
- 17Fifa suspends Blatter, Platini and Valcke
- 18Kicked down in Hungary, saved by Spain
- 19Catalan president Artur Mas charged with organising illegal independence referendum
- 20Hungary’s army can shoot rubber bullets and tear gas at refugees
Wires > News
- 22:40 CET Britain and China to hail ‘golden’ ties during Xi visit
- 22:36 CET Dozens of Tunisians freed in Libya a day after being kidnapped
- 22:14 CET Portugal centre-right, Socialists fail to reach deal on government
- 22:01 CET Most U.S. voters not aware of Democratic debate – Reuters/Ipsos…
- 21:58 CET ICC prosecutor to investigate Russia, Georgia over 2008 conflict
- 21:30 CET Houthi leader urges all followers to join fight against Arab…
- 21:12 CET Al Jazeera journalist Fahmy says betrayed, abandoned by Canada PM
- 21:09 CET Islamic State urges jihad against Russians, Americans – audio