Russia’s Foreign Ministry has said, if true, reports of an Israeli attack in Syria are “unacceptable, no matter the motives to justify it.” Moscow also spoke of a military intervention that “blatantly violates the UN Charter”.
So far, there is no word from Israel about whether or not they carried out a bombing in Jamraya, between the Syrian capital Damascus and the border with Lebanon.
Syrian state television blamed Israel for two deaths and five people being injured in the destruction of what it says is a research centre.
Unconfirmed reports claim Israeli Defence Force (IDF) jets bombed a convoy in Syria on its way to Lebanon carrying weapons bound for militant group Hezbollah.
Israel has also refused to comment on Beirut’s claims that IDF jets were in Lebanese airspace for over 15 hours, including the time the bombing took place.
Many suspect if the strike was carried out by Israel, it may have been a warning to Damascus not to supply weapons to Hezbollah, whose militants fire rockets at Israeli border towns.
- 1Leaders ‘influenced Putin’ over Savchenko release, say Ukraine pilot’s lawyers
- 2Third night of riots rock Barcelona’s Gràcia district
- 3Faster internet speeds for Europe from Microsoft and Facebook
- 4Austria launches probe into alleged postal vote irregularities
- 5Groundbreaking study sheds light on Neanderthal life
- 1The nuclear waste site at the heart of Canada’s wildfires
- 2Turkey warns EU migrant deal could collapse if visa-waiver isn’t speeded up
- 3Eurozone ministers agree “breakthrough” deal with Greece
- 4More fuel frustration as French pickets refuse to back down
- 5Ukrainian pilot Savchenko back in Kyiv after 2 years in Russian jail
- 1EgyptAir crash: airline says Flight MS804 wreckage found
- 2The nuclear waste site at the heart of Canada’s wildfires
- 3Venezuela economy fractured with shortages of essentials across the country
- 4Crimean Tatars look for Eurovision boost on day of national tragedy
- 5Emergency response: inside Ecuador’s disaster zones
Latest world news
Faster internet speeds for Europe from Microsoft and Facebook
Russia says Savchenko exchange deal was not linked to Minsk accords
Donald Trump wins enough delegates to clinch Republican nomination
Leaders ‘influenced Putin’ over Savchenko release, say Ukraine pilot’s lawyers
Austria launches probe into alleged postal vote irregularities
Wires > News
- 01:31 CET Judge seals all video depositions in Clinton email case -The Hill
- 01:30 CET France sends underwater probes to EgyptAir search zone
- 01:17 CET Panama’s top court seeks extradition of ex-president Martinelli…
- 00:46 CET Pentagon says China aircraft intercept violated 2015 agreement
- 00:25 CET Nigeria minister wants Delta grievances addressed as Chevron…
- 00:20 CET Ivory Coast arrests man suspected of link to Grand Bassam hotel…
- 00:10 CET Guinea Bissau president names Baciro Dja as prime minister
- 00:06 CET Vietnam restricted access to Facebook during Obama visit -…