David Beckham has arrived in Paris to complete his move to French side Paris St Germain on the deadline day of the winter transfer period.
The team made the official presentation of the midfielder at PSG headquarters after he had completed a medical test.
A post on the former Manchester United and Real Madrid player’s official Facebook page read: “On way to Paris, excited. I will update you all later.”
Last December, Beckham left the Los Angeles Galaxy in United States where he had been playing for the last five years. His time with LA Galaxy included two loan-spells with Italian side AC Milan in 2009 and 2010.
The 37-year-old, who has made 115 appearances for England, has been training in London with Arsenal in recent weeks to retain his fitness.
In the last 18 months, PSG, managed by Carlo Ancelotti, has spent over 230 million euros on players. Zlatan Ibrahimovic, Thiago Silva, Ezequiel Lavezzi and Lucas Moura are among the club’s acquisitions.
Copyright © 2014 euronewsMore about:
- 1euronews live TV - News | euronews : the latest international news as video on demand
- 2Now is ‘right time’ for Catalonia independence vote, says Mas | euronews, world news
- 3Vatican rocked by another paedophilia scandal | euronews, world news
- 4Two container ships collide on Egypt’s Suez Canal | euronews, no comment
- 5Revealed: Europe’s capital cities where it’s hardest to be a foreigner | euronews, world news
- 6Sweden becomes first European nation to recognise Palestine | euronews, world news
- 7European Union News | euronews: latest breaking news and headlines about European Union
- 8International tv news | euronews: European and International tv news bulletin
- 9How nasheeds became the soundtrack of jihad | euronews, world news
- 10Ebola: Six new suspected cases in Spain | euronews, world news
- 11Learning through “serious games” | euronews, learning world
- 12Iceland volcano ‘pollutes Paris’ | euronews, world news
- 13US says ISIL makes $1 million-a-day selling oil – even to enemies | euronews, world news
- 14All you need to know about the Ebola virus | euronews, world news
- 15Mike Tyson: ‘You learn humbleness when you get older in life’ | euronews, the global conversation
- 16What to expect in “The World of Ice and Fire,” George R.R. Martin’s new book | euronews, world news
- 17International breaking news | euronews online world breaking news in video
- 18Philippe Starck: ‘Words like longevity and legacy have become almost avant-garde’ | euronews, the global conversation
- 19US delivers technical aid to Ukraine but warns over security | euronews, world news
- 20euronews apps : iPhone, iPad, Android, Windows Phone 8, Windows 8, Nokia S40, Nokia Asha, Smart TV and Google Glass
Wires > News
- 05:32 CET U.S. nurse quarantined over Ebola calls treatment ‘frenzy of…
- 03:52 CET Canadians flock to Parliament Hill, site of attack on soldier
- 03:48 CET Botswana president’s party secures election victory
- 02:17 CET Washington state teen shooter’s family living in ‘nightmare’
- 02:06 CET Tunisians vote for new parliament, hope for full democracy
- 23:59 CET Germany’s Merkel deals blow to UK on EU migration reform – Sunday…
- 23:00 CET Brazil’s election too close to call on eve of runoff
- 22:08 CET Egypt eyes legal restrictions, military measures after Sinai…