David Beckham has arrived in Paris to complete his move to French side Paris St Germain on the deadline day of the winter transfer period.
The team made the official presentation of the midfielder at PSG headquarters after he had completed a medical test.
A post on the former Manchester United and Real Madrid player’s official Facebook page read: “On way to Paris, excited. I will update you all later.”
Last December, Beckham left the Los Angeles Galaxy in United States where he had been playing for the last five years. His time with LA Galaxy included two loan-spells with Italian side AC Milan in 2009 and 2010.
The 37-year-old, who has made 115 appearances for England, has been training in London with Arsenal in recent weeks to retain his fitness.
In the last 18 months, PSG, managed by Carlo Ancelotti, has spent over 230 million euros on players. Zlatan Ibrahimovic, Thiago Silva, Ezequiel Lavezzi and Lucas Moura are among the club’s acquisitions.
Copyright © 2014 euronewsMore about:
- 1South Korea: Dramatic amateur footage emerges of final moments before stricken ferry capsizes
- 2Ukraine: US, Russia and EU strike deal after crisis talks
- 3Scientists find new Earth-sized planet that could host life
- 4Geneva talks defy predictions of failure but will words turn into actions?
- 5A mother’s slap signals mercy for a convicted Iranian murderer
- 1Ukrainian troops allegedly desert to join pro-Russian forces in Slavyansk
- 2As it happened : Kyiv and Moscow reach agreement on de-escalation roadmap
- 3‘Rubbish’: Putin slams claims that Russia is behind Ukraine revolt
- 4Pro-Russian activists seize Ukraine armoured vehicles
- 5Pictures and videos of April 15 lunar “Blood Moon” eclipse
Wires > News
- 00:19 CET Powerful earthquake rattles Mexico, shakes buildings
- 23:39 CET Besieged Muslims face murder, starvation in Central African…
- 22:40 CET Avalanche kills at least 12 guides in deadliest incident on Mount…
- 22:28 CET Special Report – How the U.S. made its Putin problem worse
- 21:54 CET Algeria’s ailing Bouteflika wins re-election
- 21:30 CET Top Hollande aide quits in conflict of interest row
- 20:50 CET Italy gives wife, daughter, of wanted Kazakh banker refugee status
- 20:07 CET Brazilian tycoon Batista investigated for financial crimes -reports