David Beckham has arrived in Paris to complete his move to French side Paris St Germain on the deadline day of the winter transfer period.
The team made the official presentation of the midfielder at PSG headquarters after he had completed a medical test.
A post on the former Manchester United and Real Madrid player’s official Facebook page read: “On way to Paris, excited. I will update you all later.”
Last December, Beckham left the Los Angeles Galaxy in United States where he had been playing for the last five years. His time with LA Galaxy included two loan-spells with Italian side AC Milan in 2009 and 2010.
The 37-year-old, who has made 115 appearances for England, has been training in London with Arsenal in recent weeks to retain his fitness.
In the last 18 months, PSG, managed by Carlo Ancelotti, has spent over 230 million euros on players. Zlatan Ibrahimovic, Thiago Silva, Ezequiel Lavezzi and Lucas Moura are among the club’s acquisitions.
- 1Hero’s welcome for Ukraine pilot Nadiya Savchenko after Russia prisoner swap
- 2Germany: #Cutesolidarity response to Kinder chocolate controversy
- 3Russia-Hungary meeting ahead of EU sanctions decision
- 4Emergency response: inside Ecuador’s disaster zones
- 5French nuclear workers vote to join strike against labour laws
- 1The nuclear waste site at the heart of Canada’s wildfires
- 2Turkey warns EU migrant deal could collapse if visa-waiver isn’t speeded up
- 3Eurozone ministers agree “breakthrough” deal with Greece
- 4More fuel frustration as French pickets refuse to back down
- 5Ukrainian pilot Savchenko back in Kyiv after 2 years in Russian jail
- 1EgyptAir crash: airline says Flight MS804 wreckage found
- 2The nuclear waste site at the heart of Canada’s wildfires
- 3Venezuela economy fractured with shortages of essentials across the country
- 4Crimean Tatars look for Eurovision boost on day of national tragedy
- 5Emergency response: inside Ecuador’s disaster zones
Latest world news
G7 leaders visit Japanese holy shrine ahead of summit
Migrant rescue from capsized boat is caught on camera
Paris attacks survivor slams Eagles of Death Metal frontman for Muslim conspiracy comments
Iraqi units advance on ISIL-held Fallujah
Germany’s carrot and stick approach to refugee integration
Wires > News
- 08:04 CET South Korea’s Park facing last chance to push through reforms…
- 07:59 CET Italian marine Girone can head home – India’s top court
- 07:38 CET Australian police arrest man over alleged terror plot
- 06:52 CET Philippines’ Duterte apologises for captive Canadian’s beheading…
- 06:44 CET Japan’s Abe takes G7 leaders to shrine as economy tops summit…
- 06:13 CET China says EU membership UK’s choice, but hopes for strong Europe
- 05:31 CET China says its people will never stand for Taiwan independence
- 03:56 CET Australia immigration policy threatens to hijack election agenda