David Beckham has arrived in Paris to complete his move to French side Paris St Germain on the deadline day of the winter transfer period.
The team made the official presentation of the midfielder at PSG headquarters after he had completed a medical test.
A post on the former Manchester United and Real Madrid player’s official Facebook page read: “On way to Paris, excited. I will update you all later.”
Last December, Beckham left the Los Angeles Galaxy in United States where he had been playing for the last five years. His time with LA Galaxy included two loan-spells with Italian side AC Milan in 2009 and 2010.
The 37-year-old, who has made 115 appearances for England, has been training in London with Arsenal in recent weeks to retain his fitness.
In the last 18 months, PSG, managed by Carlo Ancelotti, has spent over 230 million euros on players. Zlatan Ibrahimovic, Thiago Silva, Ezequiel Lavezzi and Lucas Moura are among the club’s acquisitions.
Copyright © 2014 euronewsMore about:
- 1Ukraine as it happened: EU and US announce sanctions to Russia as talks linger on
- 2Russia: Pussy Riot suffer burns and head injuries after being attacked at McDonalds
- 3[Live updates] Moscow says EU sanctions “will not be left without response”
- 4Syria’s Assad expresses support to Putin on Ukraine
- 5Ukraine police on alert as violence erupts at pro-Russia demo
- 1Oscars 2014: ’12 Years a Slave’ makes history with best picture Oscar
- 2Ukraine as it happened: Moscow start talks with Kyiv under US and EU threats of sanctions
- 3Read Jared Leto’s touching, thoughtful acceptance speech
- 4Ukraine: Violent clashes in Kharkiv leave dozens injured
- 5Ukraine as it happened: UN envoy chased in Crimea, Russia-US talks in Paris
Wires > News
- 15:09 CET Turkish president rejects Facebook, YouTube ban over wiretaps
- 15:01 CET Latin American presidents to discuss Venezuela unrest, Ecuador says
- 14:59 CET Kerry in Jordan for talks on Middle East peace
- 14:58 CET Saudi Arabia designates Muslim Brotherhood as terrorist group-…
- 14:42 CET Two South African policemen suspended over video-recorded assault
- 14:05 CET Congo warlord’s conviction brings relief to international court
- 13:16 CET Malaysia’s Anwar convicted of sodomy, political future in doubt
- 13:04 CET Trial begins for U.S. Army general accused of sex crimes