Wilileaks founder Julian Assange is to run for a seat in the Australian Senate during elections later this year.
But there’s no word on how the activist, who is currently holed up in Ecuador’s embassy in London, will be able to stand. He sought refuge last June in a bid to avoid extradition to Sweden on sex assault charges.
Australia’s Federal elections are due on September 14.
Wires > News
- 02:00 CET Singapore set to pick military helicopters as arms spending rises
- 01:31 CET Australia PM Turnbull confirms will call election for July 2
- 01:15 CET Brazil prosecutor asks Supreme Court to investigate Lula
- 00:01 CET Russia delays U.N. council condemnation of North Korea missile…
- 23:10 CET Islamic State kills U.S. Navy SEAL in northern Iraq
- 21:53 CET Proposed Irish government to prioritise spending over tax cuts -…
- 20:56 CET Liberian presidential candidate Weah’s lawyers to go to U.S. over…
- 20:30 CET EU executive to propose reforming asylum system