The World Anti-Doping Agency has accused the International Cycling Union of being “deceitful” for claiming both would be working together on a truth and reconciliation process.
WADA announced on Wednesday that UCI had “again chosen to ignore its responsibility to the sport” by disbanding the panel looking into claims that cycling leaders helped cover up Lance Armstrong’s suspicious doping tests.
UCI president Pat McQuaid issued a response to the WADA statement, which he called “blatant and aggressive misrepresentations,” and urged their President John Fahey to set aside his apparent “personal vendetta and crusade against cycling’‘ and support the truth and reconciliation commission.
- 1euronews live TV - News | euronews : the latest international news as video on demand
- 2Russia unveils ‘straight’ flag, internet responds
- 3Seven reasons why Yanis Varoufakis is now a political legend
- 4Greek crisis: ‘Agreement reached’ after marathon talks
- 5International news | euronews, latest international news
- 6Nasa announces the discovery of an earth-like planet
- 7[LIVE UPDATES] Greek debt deadline looms
- 8French actor Gérard Depardieu ‘a threat to Ukraine national security’
- 9Is Saudi Arabia outlawing rainbows for being gay?
- 10Pluto: New Horizons space probe provides closest-ever pictures
- 11Latest News Bulletin
- 12International breaking news | euronews online world breaking news in video
- 13BREAKING: Formal nuclear deal reached with Iran, says diplomat
- 14Greece votes ‘No’ in overwhelming rejection of bailout proposals
- 15‘Imposed’ bailout deal must be implemented, says Greek PM
- 16At least 10 dead in explosion in Turkish town close to border with Syria
- 17Greece clinches deal with eurogroup after marathon talks
- 18Berlusconi linked with a shock return to government – in Russia!
- 19Israel angry as Iran and West talk up nuclear deal
- 20Tsipras says if Greeks approve the EU’s aid plan, Syriza will resign
Wires > Sport
- 00:45 CET Rio de Janeiro beefs up security with Olympics a year away
- 00:21 CET No deal done to back Platini says CONCACAF powerbroker
- 00:13 CET Zico’s FIFA bid gets lukewarm backing from CBF
- 23:51 CET Oliver suffers Diamond Race setback, Fraser-Pryce wins
- 23:48 CET Gomez joins Besiktas on loan after injury-hit Fiore spell
- 21:24 CET Finn’s five wickets put England on brink of victory
- 20:35 CET I never thought I’d take 400 test wickets, says Steyn
- 20:08 CET Napoli sign Romania defender Chiriches from Spurs