30/01/13 19:52 CET
| updated xx mn ago
| updated at xx
A Colombian priest has been arrested in Moscow for drug smuggling.
Anti-narcotic officers say they detained Fabio Ricardo Rodriguez at Sheremetyevo
airport because his “sickly appearance and nervous behaviour” made them suspicious.
Thirteen cocaine-filled condoms were found in his stomach, and another five packages of the drug in his luggage – weighing a total of 780g.
During an interview on Russian television, the Anglican priest said:
“Since I am a priest, this situation is very complex. It goes against my morals and my convictions, but I was forced by a mafia gang to commit this action, I had no choice.”
Rodriguez could spend between 10 and 15 years in prison for the offence.
Wires > News
- 13:17 CET Xi says China should invest more in the elderly
- 12:48 CET Pakistani PM to undergo heart surgery in London
- 11:53 CET Turkish rockets, U.S.-led coalition hit Islamic State in Syria…
- 11:43 CET Blast kills one at Bulgaria’s biggest military plant
- 11:41 CET Militants attack Nembe pipeline in Nigeria’s Delta – official
- 11:37 CET At G7, Cameron keeps lid on press pack’s ‘Brexit’ probing
- 09:55 CET Australia police use pepper spray as nationalists clash with…
- 07:39 CET Outrage in multi-ethnic Malaysia as government backs Islamic law