A Colombian priest has been arrested in Moscow for drug smuggling.
Anti-narcotic officers say they detained Fabio Ricardo Rodriguez at Sheremetyevo
airport because his “sickly appearance and nervous behaviour” made them suspicious.
Thirteen cocaine-filled condoms were found in his stomach, and another five packages of the drug in his luggage – weighing a total of 780g.
During an interview on Russian television, the Anglican priest said:
“Since I am a priest, this situation is very complex. It goes against my morals and my convictions, but I was forced by a mafia gang to commit this action, I had no choice.”
Rodriguez could spend between 10 and 15 years in prison for the offence.
- 1Flight MH17: was shot down by a BUK missile fired from Eastern Ukraine – Dutch report
- 2Netanyahu vows ‘knife terror’ won’t beat Israel as stabbings multiply
- 3Germany: PEGIDA slams Merkel over refugee influx
- 4YPG militia alliance set to attack ISIL stronghold Raqqa “within weeks”
- 5ISIL training children to kill
- 1Putin adds diplomatic strand to bolster Syrian air strikes
- 2Russian cruise missiles strikes prompt global aviation officials to issue safety alerts
- 3Russia tries to reassure Saudi Arabia over Syria air strikes
- 4Iraqi military claims to have killed several senior ISIL members including leader al – Baghdadi
- 5Belarus election: Lukashenko wins landslide of more than 80 percent – exit polls
- 1euronews live TV - News | euronews : the latest international news as video on demand
- 2NASA discovers evidence of “liquid briny water” flowing on Mars
- 3Latest News Bulletin
- 4At least 220 dead in stampede outside Mecca, Saudi Arabia reports
- 5Why aren’t rich Gulf states welcoming Syrian refugees…or are they?
- 6[Live] All the Rugby World Cup news in one place
- 7International news | euronews, latest international news
- 8International breaking news | euronews online world breaking news in video
- 9Why aren’t rich Gulf states welcoming Syrian refugees… or are they?
- 10Syrian refugee tripped by shamed camera woman is named
- 11Spain: Catalan President faces ‘civil disobedience’ charges over breakaway vote
- 12Banzai back in the vocabulary as Japan passes law allowing combat deployments
- 13Exclusive: shipwatchers chart Russian hardware heading into Med
- 14Which European countries offer the most social benefits to migrants?
- 15[Live] Catalonia: separatists heading for clear win in crucial elections
- 16Israel agents ‘incite’ stone-throwing in West Bank
- 17Fifa suspends Blatter, Platini and Valcke
- 18Kicked down in Hungary, saved by Spain
- 19Catalan president Artur Mas charged with organising illegal independence referendum
- 20Hungary’s army can shoot rubber bullets and tear gas at refugees
Wires > News
- 23:06 CET Exclusive – India battles big pharma over cough syrup abuse…
- 23:01 CET Exclusive – Jeb Bush says Putin’s Russia should face consequences…
- 22:47 CET Islamic State urges jihad against Russians, Americans – audio
- 22:40 CET Britain and China to hail ‘golden’ ties during Xi visit
- 22:36 CET Dozens of Tunisians freed in Libya a day after being kidnapped
- 22:14 CET Portugal centre-right, Socialists fail to reach deal on government
- 22:01 CET Most U.S. voters not aware of Democratic debate – Reuters/Ipsos…
- 21:58 CET ICC prosecutor to investigate Russia, Georgia over 2008 conflict