Austria’s Marcel Hirscher produced yet another flawless run to clinch a World Cup parallel slalom in Moscow on Tuesday
Just a few days after taking gold in the same discipline in Kitzbuehel, the 23 year old repeated the trick and outclassed Sweden’s Andre Myhrer in the men’s two-leg final to secure his sixth title of the season and 18th of his career on the World Cup circuit.
This win now sees Hirscher lead Norwegian rival Aksel Lund Svindal by 214 points in the overall standings with Felix Neureuther of Germany currently lying in third place, 145 points further back.
And in the women’s event, Germany’s Lena Duerr kept her composure to edge out Veronika Velez-Zuzulova in the final and claim her first victory this season.
American teenager Mikaela Shiffrin extended her lead in the discipline’s standings by finishing third while women’s overall leader Tina Maze of Slovenia was dumped out of the competition in the quarterfinals.
Four-time overall World Cup champion Lindsey Vonn didn’t race in Moscow in order to prepare for next week’s world championships in Schladming, Austria.
- 1Snowden, Assange and Manning statues unveiled in Berlin | euronews, world news
- 2Chomsky says US is world’s biggest terrorist | euronews, the global conversation
- 3euronews live TV - News | euronews : the latest international news as video on demand
- 4Nepal: ‘equally big earthquakes coming in eastern regions,’ expert tells euronews | euronews, world news
- 5It’s a girl: Britain’s Duchess of Cambridge gives birth in London | euronews, world news
- 6How Nepal earthquake devastated Kathmandu’s UNESCO heritage | euronews, world news
- 7Chernobyl Children: what makes Ukrainians born in 1986 different? | euronews, world news
- 8Juncker to Hungarian PM Orban: “Hello, Dictator!”
- 9International breaking news | euronews online world breaking news in video
- 10Exclusive: unrest in FYR Macedonia could hit other Balkan countries warns Serbian PM | euronews, world news
- 11Evidence of ancient wine found in Georgia a vintage quaffed some 6,000 years BC
- 12International tv news | euronews: European and International tv news bulletin
- 13Andrea Ferrari: the graphene guru | euronews, science
- 14Portuguese language reform law goes global | euronews, world news
- 15EU membership remains Serbia’s priority, says PM Aleksandar Vucic | euronews, the global conversation
- 16Watch: France’s Jean-Marie Le Pen clashes with UKIP MEP Woolfe | euronews, world news
- 17Spain: the viral soldiers fighting in Madrid and Barcelona mayoral races | euronews, world news
- 18eurovibes - a selection of Europe’s best music talent
- 19How young translators are helping knit European culture together | euronews, generation y
- 20We will not be moved! China’s urban spread resistance [PHOTOS]
Wires > Sport
- 17:05 CET Peru pulls plug on SportAccord’s World Combat Games
- 16:46 CET Colourful Federer’s mood darkened despite easy win
- 16:25 CET Captain Clarke back on song ahead of Irish Open
- 15:12 CET Valencia joy dampened by injury to keeper Alves
- 15:06 CET Federer canters through first round in Paris
- 14:45 CET Drogba to leave Chelsea for second time
- 14:19 CET Halep says she’s stronger now despite tough opener
- 11:15 CET Wolff says teams interested in Mercedes ‘customer cars’