Austria’s Marcel Hirscher produced yet another flawless run to clinch a World Cup parallel slalom in Moscow on Tuesday
Just a few days after taking gold in the same discipline in Kitzbuehel, the 23 year old repeated the trick and outclassed Sweden’s Andre Myhrer in the men’s two-leg final to secure his sixth title of the season and 18th of his career on the World Cup circuit.
This win now sees Hirscher lead Norwegian rival Aksel Lund Svindal by 214 points in the overall standings with Felix Neureuther of Germany currently lying in third place, 145 points further back.
And in the women’s event, Germany’s Lena Duerr kept her composure to edge out Veronika Velez-Zuzulova in the final and claim her first victory this season.
American teenager Mikaela Shiffrin extended her lead in the discipline’s standings by finishing third while women’s overall leader Tina Maze of Slovenia was dumped out of the competition in the quarterfinals.
Four-time overall World Cup champion Lindsey Vonn didn’t race in Moscow in order to prepare for next week’s world championships in Schladming, Austria.
Copyright © 2014 euronewsMore about:
- 1euronews live TV - News | euronews : the latest international news as video on demand
- 2Now is ‘right time’ for Catalonia independence vote, says Mas | euronews, world news
- 3Vatican rocked by another paedophilia scandal | euronews, world news
- 4Two container ships collide on Egypt’s Suez Canal | euronews, no comment
- 5British Muslims’ message to ISIL: Not in my name! | euronews, world news
- 6Sweden becomes first European nation to recognise Palestine | euronews, world news
- 7Algeria: ISIL offshoot releases video threatening French hostage Hervé Gourdel | euronews, world news
- 8How nasheeds became the soundtrack of jihad | euronews, world news
- 9International tv news | euronews: European and International tv news bulletin
- 10Revealed: Europe’s capital cities where it’s hardest to be a foreigner | euronews, world news
- 11European Union News | euronews: latest breaking news and headlines about European Union
- 12Emma Watson threatened with naked photos leak after UN equality speech | euronews, world news
- 13Iceland volcano ‘pollutes Paris’ | euronews, world news
- 14Ebola: Six new suspected cases in Spain | euronews, world news
- 15Learning through “serious games” | euronews, learning world
- 16euronews speaks to Ban Ki-moon ahead of key UN and climate change talks | euronews, the global conversation
- 17All you need to know about the Ebola virus | euronews, world news
- 18US delivers technical aid to Ukraine but warns over security | euronews, world news
- 19euronews apps : iPhone, iPad, Android, Windows Phone 8, Windows 8, Nokia S40, Nokia Asha, Smart TV and Google Glass
- 20Global warming to ‘cause 250,000 extra deaths a year’ | euronews, world news
Wires > Sport
- 10:21 CET Benzema quietly doing Champions League business for Real
- 10:20 CET Dortmund far from perfect despite flawless run says coach
- 04:10 CET Analysis – Premier League defences aren’t what they used to be
- 02:41 CET Keane’s book ‘unnecessary’, says ex-United captain Robson
- 00:27 CET Dortmund crush Galatasaray to maintain 100 percent record
- 00:25 CET Rodgers unimpressed by Balotelli’s shirt swap
- 00:12 CET Roberto denies Juve as Olympiakos hold on for win
- 00:08 CET Ludogorets make history with 1-0 win over Basel