J-Lo is back on the silver screen in Taylor Hackford’s thriller ‘Parker’.
The Oscar-winning director has tackled a number of genres over the past four decades, from documentary to horror – and is perhaps best known for his biopic ‘Ray’ – but this is his first film noir.
In ‘Parker’ Jason Statham plays a thief who teams up with a savvy insider played by Jennifer Lopez to take revenge on a crew who double-crossed him.
The film premiered in New York, where the 43-year-old singer, actress and mother Jennifer Lopez praised its director: “This has real characters and real-life situations. And I think Taylor had a lot to do with that and making it feel a little bit gritty and real. I would say it’s like ‘Transporter’ and ‘Out of Sight’ had a baby and it’s ‘Parker’. It has different dimensions than with just the regular action film.”
Along with Statham, the thriller also features American singer and actress Patti Ann LuPone, known for her Tony Award-winning performance as Eva Perón in the 1979 stage musical Evita and for her Olivier Award-winning performance as Fantine in the original London cast of Les Misérables.
Both actors said they got on well with their co-star.
“Well we were working together so everyone’s on the same level,” said Statham. “Yeah, everyone comes in, we’re all doing a job, no one pretends to be something that they’re not. So everything’s just as it should be.”
Patti LuPone’s gushed about J-Lo: “She’s great. She’s very professional, absolutely beautiful. I was telling somebody today that when I was off camera looking at the video at her close up, she doesn’t have a bad angle.
“She’s like Ingrid Bergman. Everybody’s got a good side and a bad side, she has only gorgeous sides. She’s so beautiful and she’s a very professional worker and that was very impressive.”
‘Parker’ will be in cinemas across Europe at different times between January 25 and the end of April.
- 114-year-old model reignites underage catwalk controversy
- 2The epic race to the South Pole on the operatic stage
- 3Postcards from Uzbekistan: The historic beauty of Rishtan ceramics
- 4Russia’s Pussy Riot mocks prosecutor general Yury Chaika in new video
- 5Coldplay in hot water for using Indian culture in video
- 1euronews live TV - News | euronews : the latest international news as video on demand
- 2International news | euronews, latest international news
- 3Most Istanbul blast victims ‘were German’, says Turkey
- 4Madrid to appeal Catalan road to independence from Spain
- 5Thousands in Bucharest blame corruption for Friday’s nightclub blaze
- 6Partnering to grow Europe
- 7Moldova: protesters storm Parliament
- 8Hope vs harsh reality: challenges to global education goals in the 21st century
- 9Extras : euronews : the latest international news as video on demand
- 10Norway sends Syrian refugees back to Russia
- 11Merroussis clinches the 33rd Athens Authentic Marathon
- 12‘National’ funeral for Celine Dion’s husband ‘over the top’
- 13Jorge Lorenzo clinches his third MotoGP title in Valencia
- 14Special Reports : euronews : the latest international news as video on demand
- 15Benzema questioned in French sex tape case
- 16latest Learning World - All Programmes | euronews : the latest international news as video on demand
- 17Paris: “I would rather see my brother in prison than in a cemetery”
- 18Brussels remains on high alert: ‘multiple operations underway’ across Belgium
- 19International breaking news | euronews online world breaking news in video
- 20account : euronews : the latest international news as video on demand