J-Lo is back on the silver screen in Taylor Hackford’s thriller ‘Parker’.
The Oscar-winning director has tackled a number of genres over the past four decades, from documentary to horror – and is perhaps best known for his biopic ‘Ray’ – but this is his first film noir.
In ‘Parker’ Jason Statham plays a thief who teams up with a savvy insider played by Jennifer Lopez to take revenge on a crew who double-crossed him.
The film premiered in New York, where the 43-year-old singer, actress and mother Jennifer Lopez praised its director: “This has real characters and real-life situations. And I think Taylor had a lot to do with that and making it feel a little bit gritty and real. I would say it’s like ‘Transporter’ and ‘Out of Sight’ had a baby and it’s ‘Parker’. It has different dimensions than with just the regular action film.”
Along with Statham, the thriller also features American singer and actress Patti Ann LuPone, known for her Tony Award-winning performance as Eva Perón in the 1979 stage musical Evita and for her Olivier Award-winning performance as Fantine in the original London cast of Les Misérables.
Both actors said they got on well with their co-star.
“Well we were working together so everyone’s on the same level,” said Statham. “Yeah, everyone comes in, we’re all doing a job, no one pretends to be something that they’re not. So everything’s just as it should be.”
Patti LuPone’s gushed about J-Lo: “She’s great. She’s very professional, absolutely beautiful. I was telling somebody today that when I was off camera looking at the video at her close up, she doesn’t have a bad angle.
“She’s like Ingrid Bergman. Everybody’s got a good side and a bad side, she has only gorgeous sides. She’s so beautiful and she’s a very professional worker and that was very impressive.”
‘Parker’ will be in cinemas across Europe at different times between January 25 and the end of April.
- 1euronews live TV - News | euronews : the latest international news as video on demand
- 2NASA discovers evidence of “liquid briny water” flowing on Mars
- 3Latest News Bulletin
- 4At least 220 dead in stampede outside Mecca, Saudi Arabia reports
- 5Why aren’t rich Gulf states welcoming Syrian refugees…or are they?
- 6[Live] All the Rugby World Cup news in one place
- 7International news | euronews, latest international news
- 8International breaking news | euronews online world breaking news in video
- 9Why aren’t rich Gulf states welcoming Syrian refugees… or are they?
- 10Syrian refugee tripped by shamed camera woman is named
- 11Spain: Catalan President faces ‘civil disobedience’ charges over breakaway vote
- 12Banzai back in the vocabulary as Japan passes law allowing combat deployments
- 13Exclusive: shipwatchers chart Russian hardware heading into Med
- 14Which European countries offer the most social benefits to migrants?
- 15[Live] Catalonia: separatists heading for clear win in crucial elections
- 16Israel agents ‘incite’ stone-throwing in West Bank
- 17Fifa suspends Blatter, Platini and Valcke
- 18Kicked down in Hungary, saved by Spain
- 19Catalan president Artur Mas charged with organising illegal independence referendum
- 20Hungary’s army can shoot rubber bullets and tear gas at refugees