J-Lo is back on the silver screen in Taylor Hackford’s thriller ‘Parker’.
The Oscar-winning director has tackled a number of genres over the past four decades, from documentary to horror – and is perhaps best known for his biopic ‘Ray’ – but this is his first film noir.
In ‘Parker’ Jason Statham plays a thief who teams up with a savvy insider played by Jennifer Lopez to take revenge on a crew who double-crossed him.
The film premiered in New York, where the 43-year-old singer, actress and mother Jennifer Lopez praised its director: “This has real characters and real-life situations. And I think Taylor had a lot to do with that and making it feel a little bit gritty and real. I would say it’s like ‘Transporter’ and ‘Out of Sight’ had a baby and it’s ‘Parker’. It has different dimensions than with just the regular action film.”
Along with Statham, the thriller also features American singer and actress Patti Ann LuPone, known for her Tony Award-winning performance as Eva Perón in the 1979 stage musical Evita and for her Olivier Award-winning performance as Fantine in the original London cast of Les Misérables.
Both actors said they got on well with their co-star.
“Well we were working together so everyone’s on the same level,” said Statham. “Yeah, everyone comes in, we’re all doing a job, no one pretends to be something that they’re not. So everything’s just as it should be.”
Patti LuPone’s gushed about J-Lo: “She’s great. She’s very professional, absolutely beautiful. I was telling somebody today that when I was off camera looking at the video at her close up, she doesn’t have a bad angle.
“She’s like Ingrid Bergman. Everybody’s got a good side and a bad side, she has only gorgeous sides. She’s so beautiful and she’s a very professional worker and that was very impressive.”
‘Parker’ will be in cinemas across Europe at different times between January 25 and the end of April.
- 1Coordinated terror attacks leave dozens dead in Paris
- 2euronews live TV - News | euronews : the latest international news as video on demand
- 3Bomb and several shootings in central Paris – reports of fatalities and injuries
- 41000-year-old Bible found in Turkey
- 5International news | euronews, latest international news
- 6latest sci-tech news : euronews : the latest international news as video on demand
- 7Police hunting Paris attacks mastermind battle with suspects in heart of Paris
- 8European Union News | euronews: latest breaking news and headlines about European Union
- 9New temporary spiritual leader of Muslim Brotherhood appointed
- 10world Weather | euronews: world ten day weather forecast
- 11Middle East - News | euronews : the latest international news as video on demand
- 12International breaking news | euronews online world breaking news in video
- 13Egypt armed forces chief Abdul Fattah al-Sisi – a man of destiny
- 14Hope vs harsh reality: challenges to global education goals in the 21st century
- 15Latest sport news
- 16Iraq: deadly car bombs kill more than 60 in Baghdad
- 17No Comment | euronews: international news images without commentary
- 18‘Anonymous’ hackers’ group declares ‘war’ on ISIL
- 19‘Maxed-out:’ Jordan’s King Abdullah II’s frank warning over Syria crisis
- 20Thousands in Bucharest blame corruption for Friday’s nightclub blaze