In Washington, Hillary Clinton has taken part in a globally linked-up question and answer session. It is part of a week-long series of meetings, conferences and ceremonies before the US Secretary of State quits power and hands the baton on to John Kerry.
She cited learning the art of compromise as the most difficult professional challenge she had faced.
“You can be partisan, you can have a strong sense of the rightness of your position, but democracy and certainly legislative bodies require compromise. And you cannot let compromise become a dirty word, because then you veer towards fanaticism.”
Hillary Clinton may be saying goodbye to the world of diplomacy – but speculation is rife that we haven’t seen the last of her yet. She deftly fielded questions about running for President in 2016.
“I am looking forward to finishing up my tenure as Secretary of State and then catching up on about 20 years of sleep deprivation.”
The event in Washington was also trending on Twitter with users participating on Facebook, Youtube and Skype.
- 1euronews live TV - News | euronews : the latest international news as video on demand
- 2Russia unveils ‘straight’ flag, internet responds
- 3Seven reasons why Yanis Varoufakis is now a political legend
- 4Greek crisis: ‘Agreement reached’ after marathon talks
- 5International news | euronews, latest international news
- 6Nasa announces the discovery of an earth-like planet
- 7French actor Gérard Depardieu ‘a threat to Ukraine national security’
- 8Is Saudi Arabia outlawing rainbows for being gay?
- 9Pluto: New Horizons space probe provides closest-ever pictures
- 10Latest News Bulletin
- 11International breaking news | euronews online world breaking news in video
- 12BREAKING: Formal nuclear deal reached with Iran, says diplomat
- 13Greece votes ‘No’ in overwhelming rejection of bailout proposals
- 14‘Imposed’ bailout deal must be implemented, says Greek PM
- 15At least 10 dead in explosion in Turkish town close to border with Syria
- 16Greece clinches deal with eurogroup after marathon talks
- 17Berlusconi linked with a shock return to government – in Russia!
- 18Israel angry as Iran and West talk up nuclear deal
- 19Varoufakis resigns after Greek referendum
- 20European Union News | euronews: latest breaking news and headlines about European Union
Latest world news
Failed breach attempt by migrants in Calais
Israelis against recent violence in region as clashes rage in West Bank
Turkish air strikes lead Iraqi Kurds to ask PKK to leave
Funeral of Whitney Houston’s daughter overshadowed by family feud
Suspected MH370 flaperon arrives for identification at BEA, Toulouse
Wires > News
- 10:11 CET Analysis – Germans fret over Europe’s future but still believe
- 09:56 CET Chinese military paper warns a corrupt army does not win wars
- 06:07 CET Five found shot to death in Mexico City apartment
- 23:06 CET Finland must watch far-right closely after violent rally – minister
- 20:11 CET Kurdish militia in Syria accuses Turkey of ‘provocative’ attacks
- 18:19 CET Egypt extends for six months military mandate in Gulf, Red Sea
- 18:03 CET Iran’s parliament has no power over nuclear deal, top negotiator…
- 17:29 CET Merkel to run for 4th term in 2017 – Der Spiegel