Seven people have been killed in an explosion at a factory in Gaziantep, southeastern Turkey.
Another 13 were injured in the blast, suspected to have been caused by a gas leak.
Some of those who died had been standing near a galvanising vat and were killed when the explosion blew hot zinc into the air.
Latest world news
Cologne attacks: Algerian man acquitted of attempted sexual assault
Greece grinds to near halt in 48-hour general strike
‘I dream of a Europe where being a migrant is not a crime’ – Pope receives Charlemagne Prize
SNP claims third win in Scotland as Labour suffers in UK elections
UN official calls for inquiry into air strike on Syria refugee camp
Wires > News
- 16:39 CET Asssailant attempts to shoot Turkish journalist Dundar outside…
- 16:23 CET Turkish editor says journalism on trial as court set to rule
- 15:56 CET Netanyahu to host seminar on Jewish history for U.N. diplomats
- 15:55 CET Turkey’s Erdogan rebuffs EU on terrorism law; “we’re going our…
- 15:21 CET Saudi wanted over August bombing of Asir province mosque killed in…
- 15:14 CET Greek PM urges Syriza lawmakers to approve pension reform bill
- 15:10 CET No gap in Turkey’s governance after premier bows out, Erdogan says
- 14:51 CET Security forces shut down Baghdad to prevent Green Zone protests