30/01/13 14:05 CET
| updated xx mn ago
| updated at xx
Egyptian President Mohamed Mursi has arrived in Germany for meetings with Chancellor Angela Merkel in Berlin.
The trip is an opportunity for Mursi to show his diplomatic credentials, and prove to Europe he has a plan for restoring order in Egypt.
He leaves behind a country in crisis. Political and social unrest have led to a week of street violence, in which more than 50 people have died.
Egypt’s army chief warned on Tuesday that the country is on the brink of collapse.
Mursi has cancelled the Paris part of his European trip.
Wires > News
- 01:32 CET As Beijing flexes muscles in South China Sea, Malaysia eyes harder…
- 01:18 CET Combative Trump says he raised $5.6 million for vets, bashes media
- 23:58 CET UAE frees Canadian man acquitted of militancy, set to leave Weds
- 23:01 CET Philippines president-elect says won’t rely on United States
- 23:00 CET OAS head moves to suspend Venezuela from regional group
- 22:41 CET Leader of Western Sahara independence movement dies after illness
- 22:40 CET Italy court upholds Costa Concordia captain’s 2012 shipwreck…
- 22:35 CET Far-right parties winning over some Jewish voters, top rabbi warns