Egyptian President Mohamed Mursi has arrived in Germany for meetings with Chancellor Angela Merkel in Berlin.
The trip is an opportunity for Mursi to show his diplomatic credentials, and prove to Europe he has a plan for restoring order in Egypt.
He leaves behind a country in crisis. Political and social unrest have led to a week of street violence, in which more than 50 people have died.
Egypt’s army chief warned on Tuesday that the country is on the brink of collapse.
Mursi has cancelled the Paris part of his European trip.
- 1Obama denounces Russia’s ‘increasingly aggressive posture’ on Ukraine
- 2Chancellor Merkel heads Forbes most powerful women list – again!
- 3Bunny beaten to death live on Danish radio
- 4Swiss police arrest several senior Fifa executives in a morning raid at a five-star hotel in Zurich
- 5Russian ruble keeps rolling out in ‘Donetsk People’s Republic’
- 1Snowden, Assange and Manning statues unveiled in Berlin | euronews, world news
- 2Chomsky says US is world’s biggest terrorist | euronews, the global conversation
- 3euronews live TV - News | euronews : the latest international news as video on demand
- 4Nepal: ‘equally big earthquakes coming in eastern regions,’ expert tells euronews | euronews, world news
- 5It’s a girl: Britain’s Duchess of Cambridge gives birth in London | euronews, world news
- 6How Nepal earthquake devastated Kathmandu’s UNESCO heritage | euronews, world news
- 7Chernobyl Children: what makes Ukrainians born in 1986 different? | euronews, world news
- 8Juncker to Hungarian PM Orban: “Hello, Dictator!”
- 9Evidence of ancient wine found in Georgia a vintage quaffed some 6,000 years BC
- 10Exclusive: unrest in FYR Macedonia could hit other Balkan countries warns Serbian PM | euronews, world news
- 11International tv news | euronews: European and International tv news bulletin
- 12International breaking news | euronews online world breaking news in video
- 13Andrea Ferrari: the graphene guru | euronews, science
- 14Portuguese language reform law goes global | euronews, world news
- 15EU membership remains Serbia’s priority, says PM Aleksandar Vucic | euronews, the global conversation
- 16Spanish voters punish mainstream parties in local and regional elections
- 17Spain: the viral soldiers fighting in Madrid and Barcelona mayoral races | euronews, world news
- 18Watch: France’s Jean-Marie Le Pen clashes with UKIP MEP Woolfe | euronews, world news
- 19How young translators are helping knit European culture together | euronews, generation y
- 20Recharging without cables: the road ahead for electric cars
Wires > News
- 13:39 CET Danish PM calls general election on June 18
- 13:36 CET Breather for Greenpeace in battle with Indian government
- 13:33 CET Eurosceptic Timo Soini to be Finland’s foreign minister
- 13:31 CET Pakistan seeks FBI help to investigate firm accused of faking…
- 13:29 CET Hundreds rally in Myanmar over ‘boat people’ crisis
- 13:21 CET Madagascar president challenges impeachment vote count
- 13:20 CET Swiss arrest top global football officials in U.S., Swiss…
- 13:16 CET Britain to host state visit of Chinese President Xi in October