A plane crash in Kazakhstan on Tuesday is known to have killed all 21 people on board: 16 passengers and five crew members. A baby is among the victims.
The aircraft, a Challenger CRJ-200 that belonged to the private airline Scat, came down near Almaty, the country’s commercial centre and former capital.
The plane was flying from the northern city of Kokshetau and crashed in thick fog near a village a short distance from its destination. Visibility was said to have been reduced to 20 or 30 metres.
The flight recorders were recovered by emergency workers after a search lasting several hours.
It is the second fatal plane crash in Kazakhstan in just over a month. On December 25, a military transport plane came down in bad weather near the southern city of Shymkent, killing all 27 people on board.
Copyright © 2014 euronewsMore about:
- 1euronews live TV - News | euronews : the latest international news as video on demand
- 2Iraq: Baghdad rally held against US ‘occupiers’ | euronews, world news
- 3Now is ‘right time’ for Catalonia independence vote, says Mas | euronews, world news
- 4Ukraine: Donetsk rebel weapons factory blows up | euronews, world news
- 5Vatican rocked by another paedophilia scandal | euronews, world news
- 6Two container ships collide on Egypt’s Suez Canal | euronews, no comment
- 7British Muslims’ message to ISIL: Not in my name! | euronews, world news
- 8Algeria: ISIL offshoot releases video threatening French hostage Hervé Gourdel | euronews, world news
- 9Sweden becomes first European nation to recognise Palestine | euronews, world news
- 10Thousands ‘evade’ Ebola lockdown in Sierra Leone | euronews, world news
- 11How nasheeds became the soundtrack of jihad | euronews, world news
- 12Emma Watson threatened with naked photos leak after UN equality speech | euronews, world news
- 13Iceland volcano ‘pollutes Paris’ | euronews, world news
- 14Learning through “serious games” | euronews, learning world
- 15euronews speaks to Ban Ki-moon ahead of key UN and climate change talks | euronews, the global conversation
- 16European Union News | euronews: latest breaking news and headlines about European Union
- 17Ebola: Six new suspected cases in Spain | euronews, world news
- 18International tv news | euronews: European and International tv news bulletin
- 19All you need to know about the Ebola virus | euronews, world news
- 20Global warming to ‘cause 250,000 extra deaths a year’ | euronews, world news
Wires > News
- 09:48 CET U.S. military says air-drops weapons for Kurdish fighters near…
- 09:28 CET Polish president wants euro decision after 2015 vote – report
- 08:14 CET Japan needs to send officials to North Korea on abduction issue -…
- 08:08 CET Japan PM Abe suffers setback as two ministers quit
- 05:50 CET Mexico feds to replace 13 local police forces suspected of crime…
- 05:33 CET Indonesia’s Joko Widodo sworn in as president
- 05:17 CET Famed US-born translator and Chinese citizen, dies aged 98
- 04:18 CET Australia set to help China seize assets of corrupt Chinese…