A plane crash in Kazakhstan on Tuesday is known to have killed all 21 people on board: 16 passengers and five crew members. A baby is among the victims.
The aircraft, a Challenger CRJ-200 that belonged to the private airline Scat, came down near Almaty, the country’s commercial centre and former capital.
The plane was flying from the northern city of Kokshetau and crashed in thick fog near a village a short distance from its destination. Visibility was said to have been reduced to 20 or 30 metres.
The flight recorders were recovered by emergency workers after a search lasting several hours.
It is the second fatal plane crash in Kazakhstan in just over a month. On December 25, a military transport plane came down in bad weather near the southern city of Shymkent, killing all 27 people on board.
Copyright © 2014 euronewsMore about:
- 1euronews live TV - News | euronews : the latest international news as video on demand
- 2Now is ‘right time’ for Catalonia independence vote, says Mas | euronews, world news
- 3Vatican rocked by another paedophilia scandal | euronews, world news
- 4Two container ships collide on Egypt’s Suez Canal | euronews, no comment
- 5British Muslims’ message to ISIL: Not in my name! | euronews, world news
- 6Revealed: Europe’s capital cities where it’s hardest to be a foreigner | euronews, world news
- 7Sweden becomes first European nation to recognise Palestine | euronews, world news
- 8European Union News | euronews: latest breaking news and headlines about European Union
- 9How nasheeds became the soundtrack of jihad | euronews, world news
- 10International tv news | euronews: European and International tv news bulletin
- 11Iceland volcano ‘pollutes Paris’ | euronews, world news
- 12Ebola: Six new suspected cases in Spain | euronews, world news
- 13Learning through “serious games” | euronews, learning world
- 14All you need to know about the Ebola virus | euronews, world news
- 15International breaking news | euronews online world breaking news in video
- 16US says ISIL makes $1 million-a-day selling oil – even to enemies | euronews, world news
- 17US delivers technical aid to Ukraine but warns over security | euronews, world news
- 18euronews apps : iPhone, iPad, Android, Windows Phone 8, Windows 8, Nokia S40, Nokia Asha, Smart TV and Google Glass
- 19Global warming to ‘cause 250,000 extra deaths a year’ | euronews, world news
- 20Mike Tyson: ‘You learn humbleness when you get older in life’ | euronews, the global conversation
Wires > News
- 06:14 CET Coal mine accident in far west China kills 16 – Xinhua
- 05:57 CET China to shut factories during APEC to curb Beijing pollution -…
- 04:51 CET Two killed, four wounded in Washington state school shooting
- 03:32 CET U.S. general says he believes North Korea can build nuclear warhead
- 02:10 CET Virginia remains identified as those of missing college student
- 01:25 CET U.S. says Palestinian-American killed by Israeli forces
- 01:17 CET Mali’s first Ebola case, a two-year-old girl, dies – officials
- 01:12 CET Attacks in Egypt’s Sinai kill 33 security personnel