A plane crash in Kazakhstan on Tuesday is known to have killed all 21 people on board: 16 passengers and five crew members. A baby is among the victims.
The aircraft, a Challenger CRJ-200 that belonged to the private airline Scat, came down near Almaty, the country’s commercial centre and former capital.
The plane was flying from the northern city of Kokshetau and crashed in thick fog near a village a short distance from its destination. Visibility was said to have been reduced to 20 or 30 metres.
The flight recorders were recovered by emergency workers after a search lasting several hours.
It is the second fatal plane crash in Kazakhstan in just over a month. On December 25, a military transport plane came down in bad weather near the southern city of Shymkent, killing all 27 people on board.
- 1Berlusconi linked with a shock return to government – in Russia!
- 2French actor Gérard Depardieu ‘a threat to Ukraine national security’
- 3Nasa announces the discovery of an earth-like planet
- 4Bobbi Kristina Brown, Whitney Houston’s daughter, dies
- 5Coach has its roof sheared off in low tunnel near Lille
- 1euronews live TV - News | euronews : the latest international news as video on demand
- 2Russia unveils ‘straight’ flag, internet responds
- 3Seven reasons why Yanis Varoufakis is now a political legend
- 4Greek crisis: ‘Agreement reached’ after marathon talks
- 5Nasa announces the discovery of an earth-like planet
- 6[LIVE UPDATES] Greek debt deadline looms
- 7Latest News Bulletin
- 8French actor Gérard Depardieu ‘a threat to Ukraine national security’
- 9Is Saudi Arabia outlawing rainbows for being gay?
- 10Pluto: New Horizons space probe provides closest-ever pictures
- 11International news | euronews, latest international news
- 12International breaking news | euronews online world breaking news in video
- 13BREAKING: Formal nuclear deal reached with Iran, says diplomat
- 14Greece votes ‘No’ in overwhelming rejection of bailout proposals
- 15‘Imposed’ bailout deal must be implemented, says Greek PM
- 16At least 10 dead in explosion in Turkish town close to border with Syria
- 17Greece clinches deal with eurogroup after marathon talks
- 18Berlusconi linked with a shock return to government – in Russia!
- 19Istanbul Gay pride quashed by riot police, rubber bullets and water cannon
- 20Israel angry as Iran and West talk up nuclear deal
Wires > News
- 03:48 CET India hangs man convicted of 1993 Mumbai bomb blasts – TV
- 03:03 CET Authorities study debris found off Madagascar for links to MH370
- 02:30 CET U.S. says Europeans could help more in South China Sea dispute
- 02:01 CET Israel approves new homes in settlement after demolishing two…
- 00:49 CET Afghanistan says Taliban leader dead, urges peace talks
- 00:14 CET Top U.S. general says Iran deal lowers near-term atomic arms risk
- 21:24 CET Fabius, visiting Tehran, invites Rouhani to France
- 21:05 CET U.S. democratic presidential hopeful Clinton to call for lifting…