Starring Paul Rudd and Leslie Mann “This is 40” is a so-called “soft-sequel” to the 2007 romantic comedy “Knocked Up” with Rudd and Mann reprising their roles from the hit film.
Debbie and Pete – the couple played by Rudd and Mann – continue to fight their way through their marriage. The growing financial troubles from Pete’s new record label adds to the pressure.
“I think it kind of focuses on our story, a week in our lives. We are both turning 40, and you glimpse and see what is happening. The kids are now older, we have different pressures. We are trying to tend to our garden, our marriage that seem like it can use some tending. It focuses on what some of the struggles are,” said Rudd.
This new mid-life crisis comedy has been written and directed by Judd Apatow, Leslie Mann’s real-life husband.
“You know I don’t feel like it is as much of a thing as it used to be for women to be in their forties. I feel like there are so many great actresses in their late thirties, and forties, and fifties. It doesn’t seem like a thing anymore,” says Mann.
“This is 40” is out in the US and some European countries already.
- 1euronews live TV - News | euronews : the latest international news as video on demand
- 2International breaking news | euronews online world breaking news in video
- 3Caught red-handed: the Russian Major fighting in Ukraine
- 4Video footage shows massive explosion in Tianjin, China
- 5Ukraine puts top Russian general Gerasimov on ‘most wanted’ list
- 6Why World Elephant Day matters
- 7Latest News Bulletin
- 8Who came out top in the US Republican television debate?
- 9UK: at least 7 dead after plane crashes into road in Brighton
- 10Snowden, Assange and Manning statues unveiled in Berlin
- 11Virginia:TV journalist and cameraman shot dead live on air
- 12ISIL militant group claims to have killed Croatian hostage in Egypt
- 13Earth Overshoot Day…Pushing Mother Nature too far
- 14Windows 10, three weeks on: the good, the bad and the ugly
- 15International news | euronews, latest international news
- 16Bringing the trolls out of the dark: Russian ‘troll’ awarded 1 rouble damages
- 17As ‘Daily Show’ Jon Stewart’s tenure ends, scholars say goodbye to their research topic
- 18Momentum for Mars: Astronauts say mission is inevitable
- 19European Union News | euronews: latest breaking news and headlines about European Union
- 20Scientists find sinkhole cave under Mexico’s Kukulkan Castle Pyramid
latest cinema news
“The 33” digs into 2010 Chilean mining rescue and media circus
Rap biopic rules Hollywood as NWA stay top for second week
3D animation brings Polish World War Two hero to life
Efron takes dancehall vibe to big screen in “We Are Your Friends”
Richie breathes life into “Man from UNCLE” brand