Starring Paul Rudd and Leslie Mann “This is 40” is a so-called “soft-sequel” to the 2007 romantic comedy “Knocked Up” with Rudd and Mann reprising their roles from the hit film.
Debbie and Pete – the couple played by Rudd and Mann – continue to fight their way through their marriage. The growing financial troubles from Pete’s new record label adds to the pressure.
“I think it kind of focuses on our story, a week in our lives. We are both turning 40, and you glimpse and see what is happening. The kids are now older, we have different pressures. We are trying to tend to our garden, our marriage that seem like it can use some tending. It focuses on what some of the struggles are,” said Rudd.
This new mid-life crisis comedy has been written and directed by Judd Apatow, Leslie Mann’s real-life husband.
“You know I don’t feel like it is as much of a thing as it used to be for women to be in their forties. I feel like there are so many great actresses in their late thirties, and forties, and fifties. It doesn’t seem like a thing anymore,” says Mann.
“This is 40” is out in the US and some European countries already.
- 1euronews live TV - News | euronews : the latest international news as video on demand
- 2Syrian refugee tripped by shamed camera woman is named
- 3Hungarian camera woman caught on video kicking and tripping migrants could face jail
- 4Hungarian reporter who tripped migrants apologises for her actions
- 5NASA discovers evidence of “liquid briny water” flowing on Mars
- 6Latest News Bulletin
- 7At least 220 dead in stampede outside Mecca, Saudi Arabia reports
- 8Egyptian billionaire offers to buy Mediterranean island to house refugees
- 9International breaking news | euronews online world breaking news in video
- 10What the top tweets worldwide are saying about #refugees
- 11Why aren’t rich Gulf states welcoming Syrian refugees… or are they?
- 12Hungarian camerawoman fired after being filmed kicking migrants
- 13Denmark: launches anti-migrant ad campaign
- 14Spain: Catalan President faces ‘civil disobedience’ charges over breakaway vote
- 15Which European countries offer the most social benefits to migrants?
- 16Banzai back in the vocabulary as Japan passes law allowing combat deployments
- 17Exclusive: shipwatchers chart Russian hardware heading into Med
- 18Why aren’t rich Gulf states welcoming Syrian refugees…or are they?
- 19International news | euronews, latest international news
- 20Migrant tripped up in Hungary gets Spanish football job