Four newspapers in Iran have been raided by government security officials and a number of journalists taken into custody.
The semi-official Mehr news agency says the journalists are suspected of co-operating with anti-government Persian-language media organisations outside the country. The arrests come four months ahead of Iran’s presidential election in June.
Copyright © 2013 euronewsMore about:
- 09:35 CET China’s top farm official reins in land reform expectations
- 09:07 CET Biden says disputes remain over treatment of U.S. journalists in…
- 08:56 CET Clashes erupt as militia enter Central African Republic capital
- 08:15 CET Suicide bomber attacks Yemen’s Defence Ministry – source
- 08:08 CET Anarchy at door, West starts to rebuild Libyan army
- 07:13 CET Ten killed in Nicaraguan gunfight near Honduran border
- 07:08 CET Analysis – Two factors key to lawsuits over New York train crash
- 05:59 CET Thaksin’s homecoming hopes dashed as Thai crisis reignites