28/01/13 07:49 CET
| updated xx mn ago
| updated at xx
Four newspapers in Iran have been raided by government security officials and a number of journalists taken into custody.
The semi-official Mehr news agency says the journalists are suspected of co-operating with anti-government Persian-language media organisations outside the country. The arrests come four months ahead of Iran’s presidential election in June.
Wires > News
- 23:20 CET First tropical storm of year to threaten U.S. heads for South…
- 22:01 CET Vintage plane crashed in Hudson River during emergency landing…
- 20:01 CET Chile President Bachelet testifies in tax probe into…
- 19:37 CET German Protestant bishop wants Islam classes in all state schools
- 19:36 CET Iraqi Sunni politicians reject visit by Iran’s Soleimani to Falluja
- 19:26 CET Pope meets children, says migrants ‘not dangerous, but in danger’
- 19:22 CET Progress on Ukraine reforms can boost case for Russia sanctions -…
- 19:18 CET Italian marine arrives home after four years in custody in India