Slovenia’s Robert Kranjec produced a stunning performance to clinch his first World Cup victory of the season in Vikersund on Sunday.
The 31 year old, who completed the podium on Saturday, looked in great shape and scored 416.5 points to edge out his opponents and secure the title.
There was also plenty for German Michael Neumayer to celebrate as he finished a life-time best second ahead of Austrian prodigy Gregor Schlierenzauer who still leads Norway’s Andreas Bardal by 243 points in the overall standings.
Copyright © 2014 euronewsMore about:
Wires > Sport
- 06:57 CET Mexico’s Marquez bows out of Libertadores Cup with red card
- 03:19 CET Analysis – United must move fast with vital window looming
- 02:03 CET Real’s Bale a doubt for Bayern game with illness – reports
- 01:33 CET Mourinho’s cautious Chelsea frustrate Atletico
- 00:59 CET Chelsea have Champions League advantage, Simeone concedes
- 00:54 CET Cech, Terry to miss rest of Premier League season
- 00:53 CET World Cup test event to go ahead with reduced crowd
- 23:51 CET Leicester seal second-tier title with win at Bolton