Slovenia’s Robert Kranjec produced a stunning performance to clinch his first World Cup victory of the season in Vikersund on Sunday.
The 31 year old, who completed the podium on Saturday, looked in great shape and scored 416.5 points to edge out his opponents and secure the title.
There was also plenty for German Michael Neumayer to celebrate as he finished a life-time best second ahead of Austrian prodigy Gregor Schlierenzauer who still leads Norway’s Andreas Bardal by 243 points in the overall standings.
Copyright © 2014 euronewsMore about:
Wires > Sport
- 04:44 CET Villa owner Lerner to decide on future at end of season
- 01:10 CET Jimenez wins senior debut but focus is on Ryder Cup
- 00:07 CET Benfica beat Olhanense to clinch Portuguese title
- 00:01 CET Borini delighted to make history with Sunderland
- 23:39 CET Liverpool, Atletico maintain title bids
- 21:23 CET Moyes endures horror return to Everton as Martinez outwits United
- 20:52 CET Favourites Ajax routed by Zwolle as violence mars Dutch final
- 20:25 CET Happy Hamilton hails incredible Mercedes