Slovenia’s Robert Kranjec produced a stunning performance to clinch his first World Cup victory of the season in Vikersund on Sunday.
The 31 year old, who completed the podium on Saturday, looked in great shape and scored 416.5 points to edge out his opponents and secure the title.
There was also plenty for German Michael Neumayer to celebrate as he finished a life-time best second ahead of Austrian prodigy Gregor Schlierenzauer who still leads Norway’s Andreas Bardal by 243 points in the overall standings.
Copyright © 2014 euronewsMore about:
Wires > Sport
- 11:01 CET Sturridge hopeful of returning against Chelsea
- 05:33 CET Uruguay not among world’s elite, says coach
- 04:21 CET Australia’s Beale needs surgery, but will keep playing
- 04:05 CET Liverpool seek to land knockout blow on Chelsea
- 01:15 CET Good ambiance crucial to get best from Messi – Sabella
- 22:01 CET Liverpool announce Anfield stadium revamp plans
- 21:52 CET Best and worst sporting comebacks
- 21:42 CET Januzaj opts to play for Belgium