Slovenia’s Robert Kranjec produced a stunning performance to clinch his first World Cup victory of the season in Vikersund on Sunday.
The 31 year old, who completed the podium on Saturday, looked in great shape and scored 416.5 points to edge out his opponents and secure the title.
There was also plenty for German Michael Neumayer to celebrate as he finished a life-time best second ahead of Austrian prodigy Gregor Schlierenzauer who still leads Norway’s Andreas Bardal by 243 points in the overall standings.
Copyright © 2014 euronewsMore about:
Wires > Sport
- 17:28 CET Much-criticised World Cup venue Manaus stages first game
- 16:03 CET Newcastle’s Gosling admits FA betting charge
- 15:53 CET Stevens primed for Stuttgart relegation ‘adventure’
- 14:50 CET Adidas and Nike battle for soccer supremacy in World Cup year
- 14:25 CET Injured Dutchman Strootman out of World Cup
- 14:06 CET Neymar can handle World Cup pressure, says Pele
- 13:54 CET Getafe sack coach Garcia and line up Romanian Contra
- 13:49 CET Bayern boss Hoeness admits far bigger tax dodge than charged with