Three people have died in Queensland as the remnants of Tropical Cyclone Oswald continue to wreak havoc in eastern Australia.
More than one metre of rain has fallen in the state in a twenty-four hour period.
People living in Sydney have been warned to expect torrential downpours as the ex-tropical cyclone moves slowly down the New South Wales coast.
This latest extreme weather system follows the cyclone that began in the Gulf of Carpentaria near northern Australia 10 days ago.
Homes are being evacuated across the Queensland.
The state capital, Brisbane, has been hit hard: around 200,000 houses are without electricity and many roads are closed.
In the Queensland city of Bundaberg, 300 kilometres north of Brisbane, 1,200 properties have been flooded and helicopters have been used to rescue 18 people from their rooftops.
In the small beach town of Mooloolaba, Queensland, weather conditions have churned sea water producing foam on the land.
- 1Chomsky says US is world’s biggest terrorist
- 2Unverified video appears to show ISIL killing of 30 Ethiopian Christians
- 3US Navy deploys two more warships near Yemen as conflict escalates
- 4Fire and brimstone show EU deal is close, Varoufakis tells euronews
- 5Ethiopia: Clashes at rally to mourn Christians killed by ISIL in Libya
- 1Chomsky says US is world’s biggest terrorist | euronews, the global conversation
- 2euronews live TV - News | euronews : the latest international news as video on demand
- 3Chomsky – a rebel with a cause | euronews, world news
- 4Anti-ISIL demonstrations turn violent in Ethiopia | euronews, no comment
- 5The migrants tragedy in the Mediterranean sparks creative satirical response | euronews, world news
- 6Europe is ‘bluffing’ over Greece-Russia relations – analyst | euronews, news
- 7Woman carries can of water on her head along Paris marathon | euronews, world news
- 8Former IMF chief ‘under investigation for money laundering’ | euronews, world news
- 9Pope Francis washes Rome prisoners’ feet on Holy Thursday | euronews, world news
- 10ECB chief Mario Draghi unhurt after protest during speech | euronews, world news
- 11International news | euronews, latest international news
- 12Portuguese researchers discover the secret of Mind Control | euronews, futuris
- 13Indonesia executes five foreigners despite protest | euronews, world news
- 14International tv news | euronews: European and International tv news bulletin
- 15eurovibes - a selection of Europe’s best music talent
- 16Energy-generating clothes and smart lights join the Internet of Things | euronews, hi-tech
- 17Fighting Boko Haram: Chad aims to ‘destroy’ militant group | euronews, world news
- 18International breaking news | euronews online world breaking news in video
- 19Russia bans film adaptation of ‘Child 44’ | euronews, world news
- 20World news video | euronews the latest world news online | breaking world news video
Wires > News
- 10:36 CET Freak storm kills 45 in Pakistan
- 10:33 CET Iran bans magazine for encouraging cohabitation over wedlock -…
- 10:25 CET New constitution for Turkey “an inevitable necessity” – top judge
- 10:17 CET Insight – Set to begin, U.S. plan for Syrian rebels already mired…
- 09:49 CET PM Abe’s party eyes revision of Japan pacifist constitution by…
- 09:32 CET Togo president takes early lead in vote tally
- 09:28 CET Desperate Nepalis flee capital as aftershocks spread fear
- 09:00 CET Islamist rebels say capture army base in Syria’s Idlib province