Up to 200 people are feared dead after a blaze at a nightclub in Santa Maria in southern Brazil.
The fire is thought to have been sparked by a band’s pyrotechnics show. A police official said a member of the group or its production team ignited a flare which then set fire to the ceiling.
Authorities believe the death toll is likely to rise as there were more than 500 people inside the club when the fire broke out.
Wires > News
- 22:00 CET Ohio zoo defends shooting of gorilla after boy fell in enclosure
- 21:33 CET White House back to normal after partial lockdown – Secret Service
- 21:00 CET Brazil’s Temer pressed to drop anti-corruption minister
- 20:40 CET Outrage mounts over gorilla killing in boy’s rescue at Ohio zoo
- 20:20 CET Libyan oil guard says captures coastal town from Islamic State…
- 20:07 CET Drowned baby picture captures week of tragedy in Mediterranean
- 19:31 CET Japan puts military on alert for possible North Korea missile…
- 19:25 CET Chad’s ex-leader Habre, Cold War-era ally of West, gets life in…