Up to 200 people are feared dead after a blaze at a nightclub in Santa Maria in southern Brazil.
The fire is thought to have been sparked by a band’s pyrotechnics show. A police official said a member of the group or its production team ignited a flare which then set fire to the ceiling.
Authorities believe the death toll is likely to rise as there were more than 500 people inside the club when the fire broke out.
Get a different perspective
Every story can be told in many ways: see the perspectives from Euronews journalists in our other language teams.