Local favourite Tina Maze kept her composure to clinch a World Cup slalom in Slovenia on Sunday.
The 29 year old, who lost Saturday’s giant slalom by the narrowest of margins, led after the opening run and completed the Radvanje course in a combined time of 1 minute, 33.68 seconds to secure the title.
Sweden’s Frida Hansdotter produced a solid run but it wasn’t to be for the 27 year old who eventually had to settle for second place, 0.86 behind Maze.
Austria’s Kathrin Zettel completed the podium, 1.13 seconds back while American teenager Mikaela Shiffrin overcame a shaky start to finish sixth and this result sees her maintain a 13-point lead ahead of Maze in the slalom standings.
- 1euronews live TV - News | euronews : the latest international news as video on demand
- 2International news | euronews, latest international news
- 3Hope vs harsh reality: challenges to global education goals in the 21st century
- 4Madrid to appeal Catalan road to independence from Spain
- 5Turkey: Explosion hits Istanbul’s main tourist district
- 6Extras : euronews : the latest international news as video on demand
- 7Thousands in Bucharest blame corruption for Friday’s nightclub blaze
- 8Jorge Lorenzo clinches his third MotoGP title in Valencia
- 9Partnering to grow Europe
- 10Moldova: protesters storm Parliament
- 11Macedonian Postcards: The Mavrovo National Park
- 12Benzema questioned in French sex tape case
- 13Brussels remains on high alert: ‘multiple operations underway’ across Belgium
- 14Special Reports : euronews : the latest international news as video on demand
- 15Paris: “I would rather see my brother in prison than in a cemetery”
- 16Norway sends Syrian refugees back to Russia
- 17Business news and finance news | euronews: international economic and finance news
- 18latest Learning World - All Programmes | euronews : the latest international news as video on demand
- 19smart care - All Programmes | euronews : the latest international news as video on demand
- 20New temporary spiritual leader of Muslim Brotherhood appointed
Wires > Sport
- 17:16 CET Qatar considering special courts for World Cup offenders
- 16:36 CET Pietersen won’t be selected for World Twenty20 – Morgan
- 15:56 CET Klopp, Sturridge, Coutinho return for Liverpool
- 14:13 CET Fan eyes large windfall if Leicester complete fairytale
- 13:02 CET Swansea must kill off games not hold on to them – Fabianski
- 12:54 CET France to play Cameroon and Scotland in Euro 2016 warm-ups
- 12:06 CET Stoke must take more risks, says manager Hughes
- 11:56 CET West Ham’s Tomkins ruled out with calf injury