Local favourite Tina Maze kept her composure to clinch a World Cup slalom in Slovenia on Sunday.
The 29 year old, who lost Saturday’s giant slalom by the narrowest of margins, led after the opening run and completed the Radvanje course in a combined time of 1 minute, 33.68 seconds to secure the title.
Sweden’s Frida Hansdotter produced a solid run but it wasn’t to be for the 27 year old who eventually had to settle for second place, 0.86 behind Maze.
Austria’s Kathrin Zettel completed the podium, 1.13 seconds back while American teenager Mikaela Shiffrin overcame a shaky start to finish sixth and this result sees her maintain a 13-point lead ahead of Maze in the slalom standings.
- 1euronews live TV - News | euronews : the latest international news as video on demand
- 2Russia unveils ‘straight’ flag, internet responds
- 3Seven reasons why Yanis Varoufakis is now a political legend
- 4Greek crisis: ‘Agreement reached’ after marathon talks
- 5International news | euronews, latest international news
- 6Nasa announces the discovery of an earth-like planet
- 7[LIVE UPDATES] Greek debt deadline looms
- 8Latest News Bulletin
- 9French actor Gérard Depardieu ‘a threat to Ukraine national security’
- 10Is Saudi Arabia outlawing rainbows for being gay?
- 11Pluto: New Horizons space probe provides closest-ever pictures
- 12International breaking news | euronews online world breaking news in video
- 13BREAKING: Formal nuclear deal reached with Iran, says diplomat
- 14Greece votes ‘No’ in overwhelming rejection of bailout proposals
- 15‘Imposed’ bailout deal must be implemented, says Greek PM
- 16At least 10 dead in explosion in Turkish town close to border with Syria
- 17Greece clinches deal with eurogroup after marathon talks
- 18Berlusconi linked with a shock return to government – in Russia!
- 19Israel angry as Iran and West talk up nuclear deal
- 20Tsipras says if Greeks approve the EU’s aid plan, Syriza will resign
Wires > Sport
- 01:08 CET Beijing awarded 2022 Winter Olympics
- 00:40 CET Brazil midfielder Fred tests positive for banned substance
- 23:52 CET Wie drops out as Pettersen sets pace at windy Turnberry
- 23:31 CET Mets land Cuban slugger Cespedes at trade deadline
- 23:10 CET Argentine exec in FIFA case pleads not guilty to U.S. charges
- 19:40 CET West Ham forward Valencia sustains ‘significant’ injury
- 19:28 CET Lambert leaves Liverpool to join West Brom
- 18:17 CET Bell steers England to victory, hosts take 2-1 Ashes lead