Local favourite Tina Maze kept her composure to clinch a World Cup slalom in Slovenia on Sunday.
The 29 year old, who lost Saturday’s giant slalom by the narrowest of margins, led after the opening run and completed the Radvanje course in a combined time of 1 minute, 33.68 seconds to secure the title.
Sweden’s Frida Hansdotter produced a solid run but it wasn’t to be for the 27 year old who eventually had to settle for second place, 0.86 behind Maze.
Austria’s Kathrin Zettel completed the podium, 1.13 seconds back while American teenager Mikaela Shiffrin overcame a shaky start to finish sixth and this result sees her maintain a 13-point lead ahead of Maze in the slalom standings.
- 1Fifa suspends Blatter, Platini and Valcke
- 2Sochi 2015: Russia’s expensive Olympic village falling into ruin
- 3Djokovic takes the glory but both he and Nadal take the money in Thailand exhibition
- 4Greek freejumper delights crowds in Santorini in the Redbull Art of Motion 2015 finals
- 5Austrian climber first to ascend Lebanese landmark
- 1euronews live TV - News | euronews : the latest international news as video on demand
- 2Syrian refugee tripped by shamed camera woman is named
- 3Hungarian camera woman caught on video kicking and tripping migrants could face jail
- 4Hungarian reporter who tripped migrants apologises for her actions
- 5NASA discovers evidence of “liquid briny water” flowing on Mars
- 6Latest News Bulletin
- 7At least 220 dead in stampede outside Mecca, Saudi Arabia reports
- 8International breaking news | euronews online world breaking news in video
- 9What the top tweets worldwide are saying about #refugees
- 10Why aren’t rich Gulf states welcoming Syrian refugees…or are they?
- 11Why aren’t rich Gulf states welcoming Syrian refugees… or are they?
- 12Hungarian camerawoman fired after being filmed kicking migrants
- 13Which European countries offer the most social benefits to migrants?
- 14[Live] All the Rugby World Cup news in one place
- 15Spain: Catalan President faces ‘civil disobedience’ charges over breakaway vote
- 16International news | euronews, latest international news
- 17Banzai back in the vocabulary as Japan passes law allowing combat deployments
- 18Exclusive: shipwatchers chart Russian hardware heading into Med
- 19Migrant tripped up in Hungary gets Spanish football job
- 20Israel agents ‘incite’ stone-throwing in West Bank
Wires > Sport
- 19:25 CET U.S. and Mexico vie for Confederations Cup spot
- 19:20 CET All Blacks face fired-up Tonga in final pool game
- 19:18 CET Australia’s Folau revels in World Cup spotlight
- 19:05 CET FIFA mulls delaying presidential election – sources
- 17:57 CET Ireland showdown could bring out the best in France
- 17:53 CET Harrington stung by hat-trick of three putts
- 17:49 CET Strachan still best man for Scotland, says Dalglish
- 17:47 CET Ireland eye win for extra day off, not to avoid All Blacks