Local favourite Tina Maze kept her composure to clinch a World Cup slalom in Slovenia on Sunday.
The 29 year old, who lost Saturday’s giant slalom by the narrowest of margins, led after the opening run and completed the Radvanje course in a combined time of 1 minute, 33.68 seconds to secure the title.
Sweden’s Frida Hansdotter produced a solid run but it wasn’t to be for the 27 year old who eventually had to settle for second place, 0.86 behind Maze.
Austria’s Kathrin Zettel completed the podium, 1.13 seconds back while American teenager Mikaela Shiffrin overcame a shaky start to finish sixth and this result sees her maintain a 13-point lead ahead of Maze in the slalom standings.
- 1euronews live TV - News | euronews : the latest international news as video on demand
- 2NASA discovers evidence of “liquid briny water” flowing on Mars
- 3Latest News Bulletin
- 4At least 220 dead in stampede outside Mecca, Saudi Arabia reports
- 5Why aren’t rich Gulf states welcoming Syrian refugees…or are they?
- 6[Live] All the Rugby World Cup news in one place
- 7International news | euronews, latest international news
- 8International breaking news | euronews online world breaking news in video
- 9Why aren’t rich Gulf states welcoming Syrian refugees… or are they?
- 10Syrian refugee tripped by shamed camera woman is named
- 11Spain: Catalan President faces ‘civil disobedience’ charges over breakaway vote
- 12Banzai back in the vocabulary as Japan passes law allowing combat deployments
- 13Exclusive: shipwatchers chart Russian hardware heading into Med
- 14Which European countries offer the most social benefits to migrants?
- 15[Live] Catalonia: separatists heading for clear win in crucial elections
- 16Israel agents ‘incite’ stone-throwing in West Bank
- 17Fifa suspends Blatter, Platini and Valcke
- 18Kicked down in Hungary, saved by Spain
- 19Catalan president Artur Mas charged with organising illegal independence referendum
- 20Hungary’s army can shoot rubber bullets and tear gas at refugees
Wires > Sport
- 23:10 CET Bosnia win thriller in Nicosia to make playoffs
- 23:09 CET Turkey beat Iceland to secure Euro 2016 spot
- 23:07 CET Ramsey and Bale goals give Wales winning send-off
- 22:52 CET Dutch fail to qualify for Euro 2016 as Czechs top group
- 22:38 CET Netherlands fail to qualify for Euro 2016
- 22:30 CET Ireland flanker O’Brien banned for Argentina game
- 20:26 CET Europe’s loyalty to Platini faces ultimate test
- 19:47 CET Sunderland’s Allardyce wants better record in north-east