There has been no let up in the killing at Port Said in Egypt. An 18 year old was shot dead as mourners blocked the streets to bury 33 protesters killed in violence at the weekend.
They were the latest to die in a chain of events that began with a football stadium tragedy last February.
More than 70 died then when the match in Port Said descended into violence.
On Saturday, a court ordered 21 of those accused in connection with the violence be put to death, and that sparked the latest round of bloodshed as protesters vented their fury about fellow citizens being blamed.
The outpouring of anger and violence overnight led to the Egyptian army putting the city into virtual lock-down.
There was violence too where the condemned were held. Two police officers were reported killed as relatives tried to storm the jail and free the defendants.
- 1Chomsky says US is world’s biggest terrorist
- 2Unverified video appears to show ISIL killing of 30 Ethiopian Christians
- 3US Navy deploys two more warships near Yemen as conflict escalates
- 4Fire and brimstone show EU deal is close, Varoufakis tells euronews
- 5Ethiopia: Clashes at rally to mourn Christians killed by ISIL in Libya
- 1Chomsky says US is world’s biggest terrorist | euronews, the global conversation
- 2euronews live TV - News | euronews : the latest international news as video on demand
- 3Chomsky – a rebel with a cause | euronews, world news
- 4Anti-ISIL demonstrations turn violent in Ethiopia | euronews, no comment
- 5The migrants tragedy in the Mediterranean sparks creative satirical response | euronews, world news
- 6Europe is ‘bluffing’ over Greece-Russia relations – analyst | euronews, news
- 7Woman carries can of water on her head along Paris marathon | euronews, world news
- 8Former IMF chief ‘under investigation for money laundering’ | euronews, world news
- 9Pope Francis washes Rome prisoners’ feet on Holy Thursday | euronews, world news
- 10ECB chief Mario Draghi unhurt after protest during speech | euronews, world news
- 11International news | euronews, latest international news
- 12eurovibes - a selection of Europe’s best music talent
- 13Portuguese researchers discover the secret of Mind Control | euronews, futuris
- 14Indonesia executes five foreigners despite protest | euronews, world news
- 15International tv news | euronews: European and International tv news bulletin
- 16Fighting Boko Haram: Chad aims to ‘destroy’ militant group | euronews, world news
- 17Energy-generating clothes and smart lights join the Internet of Things | euronews, hi-tech
- 18International breaking news | euronews online world breaking news in video
- 19Russia bans film adaptation of ‘Child 44’ | euronews, world news
- 20World news video | euronews the latest world news online | breaking world news video
Wires > News
- 18:53 CET Islamic State kills five journalists working for Libyan TV station…
- 18:20 CET Sudan accuses U.N. peacekeepers of killing seven civilians in…
- 18:11 CET U.N. chief deplores Israeli actions in 2014 Gaza conflict
- 17:33 CET Spanish prosecutor recommends five years in jail for former …
- 17:29 CET Virgins recruited as sex slaves for Colombian drug lords – reports
- 17:11 CET Nepal scrambles to organise quake relief, many flee capital
- 17:01 CET U.S., Japan unveil new defence guidelines for global Japanese role
- 16:43 CET Germany says border guards will try to keep Russian bikers out