There has been no let up in the killing at Port Said in Egypt. An 18 year old was shot dead as mourners blocked the streets to bury 33 protesters killed in violence at the weekend.
They were the latest to die in a chain of events that began with a football stadium tragedy last February.
More than 70 died then when the match in Port Said descended into violence.
On Saturday, a court ordered 21 of those accused in connection with the violence be put to death, and that sparked the latest round of bloodshed as protesters vented their fury about fellow citizens being blamed.
The outpouring of anger and violence overnight led to the Egyptian army putting the city into virtual lock-down.
There was violence too where the condemned were held. Two police officers were reported killed as relatives tried to storm the jail and free the defendants.
- 1Japanese volcano erupts on nuclear power station island
- 2Pegida fails to ignite as Europe-wide anti-Muslim protests fizzle
- 3Two Koreas, two reactions after illegal rocket launch
- 4More problems at FYROM-Greek border slows refugees’ journey north
- 5Spanish police smash ISIL terror cell in three cities
- 1euronews live TV - News | euronews : the latest international news as video on demand
- 2International news | euronews, latest international news
- 3Most Istanbul blast victims ‘were German’, says Turkey
- 4Madrid to appeal Catalan road to independence from Spain
- 5Hope vs harsh reality: challenges to global education goals in the 21st century
- 6Thousands in Bucharest blame corruption for Friday’s nightclub blaze
- 7Moldova: protesters storm Parliament
- 8Partnering to grow Europe
- 9Norway sends Syrian refugees back to Russia
- 10Extras : euronews : the latest international news as video on demand
- 11Merroussis clinches the 33rd Athens Authentic Marathon
- 12‘National’ funeral for Celine Dion’s husband ‘over the top’
- 13Jorge Lorenzo clinches his third MotoGP title in Valencia
- 14Brussels remains on high alert: ‘multiple operations underway’ across Belgium
- 15Benzema questioned in French sex tape case
- 16Special Reports : euronews : the latest international news as video on demand
- 17Paris: “I would rather see my brother in prison than in a cemetery”
- 18Caught by the Maasai at mid-on ‘Warriors’ play cricket
- 19latest Learning World - All Programmes | euronews : the latest international news as video on demand
- 20account : euronews : the latest international news as video on demand
Latest world news
Spanish police smash ISIL terror cell in three cities
Algeria enacts reforms and gives Berber language official status
Filmed bus stunt causes mini-panic in London
Former Foreign Legion commander arrested at anti-foreigner protest
‘The Revenant’ director Inarritu scoops DGA award, as Oscars near
Wires > News
- 02:40 CET To protect Chinese investment, Pakistan military leaves little to…
- 22:38 CET Hollande, Merkel stress migrant crisis needs EU solution
- 20:50 CET Chilean alleges sex abuse cover-up, asks pope to sack bishop
- 20:23 CET Iran-backed militia warns against sending Arab forces to Syria…
- 19:41 CET U.N. rights chief meets families of Sri Lanka’s war victims
- 19:28 CET Carnival roars ahead in Brazil despite Zika health scare
- 18:47 CET Egyptian police shoot four suspected militants in raid near Cairo
- 18:31 CET Second member of Islamic State execution cell identified as Briton…