There has been no let up in the killing at Port Said in Egypt. An 18 year old was shot dead as mourners blocked the streets to bury 33 protesters killed in violence at the weekend.
They were the latest to die in a chain of events that began with a football stadium tragedy last February.
More than 70 died then when the match in Port Said descended into violence.
On Saturday, a court ordered 21 of those accused in connection with the violence be put to death, and that sparked the latest round of bloodshed as protesters vented their fury about fellow citizens being blamed.
The outpouring of anger and violence overnight led to the Egyptian army putting the city into virtual lock-down.
There was violence too where the condemned were held. Two police officers were reported killed as relatives tried to storm the jail and free the defendants.
- 1Einstein was right! Scientists confirm that gravitational waves exist
- 2Albert Einstein and the incredible discovery of gravitational waves
- 3Major powers agree on truce in Syria “within a week”
- 4Turkey threatens to unleash refugees on Europe
- 5Democratic nomination: Clinton crushes Sanders – thanks to “superdelegates”
- 1Turkey blames US for ‘sea of blood’ in region
- 2Einstein was right! Scientists confirm that gravitational waves exist
- 3Nigeria: suicide bomber turns herself in after recognising relatives among potential victims
- 4Snowden, Assange and Manning statues unveiled in Berlin
- 5World powers arrive in Munich hoping to resurrect Syrian peace talks
- 1euronews live TV - News | euronews : the latest international news as video on demand
- 2International news | euronews, latest international news
- 3Most Istanbul blast victims ‘were German’, says Turkey
- 4Partnering to grow Europe
- 5Madrid to appeal Catalan road to independence from Spain
- 6Thousands in Bucharest blame corruption for Friday’s nightclub blaze
- 7Hope vs harsh reality: challenges to global education goals in the 21st century
- 8Moldova: protesters storm Parliament
- 9Extras : euronews : the latest international news as video on demand
- 10Merroussis clinches the 33rd Athens Authentic Marathon
- 11Norway sends Syrian refugees back to Russia
- 12‘National’ funeral for Celine Dion’s husband ‘over the top’
- 13International breaking news | euronews online world breaking news in video
- 14Jorge Lorenzo clinches his third MotoGP title in Valencia
- 15latest Learning World - All Programmes | euronews : the latest international news as video on demand
- 16Benzema questioned in French sex tape case
- 17Special Reports : euronews : the latest international news as video on demand
- 18French language revolution in France
- 19Brussels remains on high alert: ‘multiple operations underway’ across Belgium
- 20world Weather | euronews: world ten day weather forecast
Wires > News
- 17:01 CET Crook-wielding Greek farmers clash with police in Athens pension…
- 17:00 CET Two shot at U.S. high school, police say
- 16:56 CET Moscow court rejects lawsuit against Putin from Kremlin critic…
- 16:51 CET France to evict almost 1,000 migrants from ‘jungle’ near Calais
- 16:49 CET Iraqi PM says has won back half of IS-held territories
- 15:30 CET Pope gets shoe shine on Cuba-bound plane
- 15:19 CET Britain says missing Hong Kong bookseller ‘involuntarily removed‘…
- 14:50 CET No one believed killed or injured in Istanbul building collapse -…