There has been no let up in the killing at Port Said in Egypt. An 18 year old was shot dead as mourners blocked the streets to bury 33 protesters killed in violence at the weekend.
They were the latest to die in a chain of events that began with a football stadium tragedy last February.
More than 70 died then when the match in Port Said descended into violence.
On Saturday, a court ordered 21 of those accused in connection with the violence be put to death, and that sparked the latest round of bloodshed as protesters vented their fury about fellow citizens being blamed.
The outpouring of anger and violence overnight led to the Egyptian army putting the city into virtual lock-down.
There was violence too where the condemned were held. Two police officers were reported killed as relatives tried to storm the jail and free the defendants.
Copyright © 2014 euronewsMore about:
- 1Watch: Passengers ‘push-start’ frozen plane in Siberia
- 2Putin denies he wants to create a new Iron Curtain
- 3Turkish President sparks row by saying women are not equal to men
- 4Clashes as Hong Kong protesters try to regain lost ground
- 5Irony as organised crime prosecutor arrested for corruption in Romania
- 1euronews live TV - News | euronews : the latest international news as video on demand
- 2Sweden becomes first EU country to recognise the Palestinian State | euronews, world news
- 3Italy swamped by flash floods | euronews, world news
- 4Back to School for Romania’s new First Lady | euronews, world news
- 5What will you ask US Senator John McCain? | euronews, world news
- 6Watch: Passengers ‘push-start’ frozen plane in Siberia | euronews, world news
- 7Turkish president Erdogan unveils his new palace of a thousand rooms | euronews, world news
- 8India PM Modi appoints Yoga minister | euronews, world news
- 9Vladimir Putin most powerful man in the world – Forbes | euronews, world news
- 10[Live] Rosetta’s Philae lands on comet 67P and enters the history books | euronews, world news
- 11European e-revolution people rise up | euronews, world news
- 12International tv news | euronews: European and International tv news bulletin
- 13Where is the best place in Europe for women? | euronews, world news
- 14Irony as organised crime prosecutor arrested for corruption in Romania | euronews, world news
- 15Obama’s ‘risky’ immigration gamble | euronews, world news
- 16Nadia Comaneci: gymnast of perfection and defector | euronews, the global conversation
- 17Putin plans to leave G20 talks early amid Ukraine pressure | euronews, world news
- 18Transcript of hanged Iranian woman’s final message released | euronews, world news
- 19International breaking news | euronews online world breaking news in video
- 20euronews apps : iPhone, iPad, Android, Windows Phone 8, Windows 8, Nokia S40, Nokia Asha, Smart TV and Google Glass
Wires > News
- 13:48 CET Suicide bomber kills five in attack on British embassy car in…
- 13:46 CET Prince William to make first UK royal visit to China in 30 years
- 13:17 CET Israel says foiled Hamas plans for Jerusalem attacks
- 13:12 CET Iran Supreme Leader says not opposed to extension of nuclear talks
- 13:04 CET Hong Kong student leaders banned from Mong Kok protest site
- 12:47 CET Ten dead in disputed Kashmir’s worst militant attack in more than…
- 12:39 CET Putin, Poroshenko speak on phone about southeast Ukraine – Kremlin
- 12:36 CET Rajoy denies Spain is corrupt after minister resigns in graft case