Austrian prodigy Gregor Schlierenzauer kept his composure to clinch a ski flying event in Vikersund on Saturday and tie the record for most ski jumping World Cup victories.
The 23 year old old recorded jumps of 216,5 and 240 metres – long enough to keep a pack of hungry chasers at bay.
This win sees Schlierenzauer extend his lead in the overall World Cup standings. He now leads Norway’s Anders Bardal by 197 points.
Schlierenzauer couldn’t muster a perfect landing after his 240-meter leap, but his points total still held up after Simon Ammann only managed 229.5 meters in the final jump of the day.
The Swiss double Olympic champion finished just 0.5 points behind in second, while Robert Kranjec of Slovenia was third, another 0.6 points back.
Norway’s Andreas Stjernen and Poland’s Kamil Stoch finished fourth and fifth respectively.
Austria’s Simon Ammann second-round leap of 229.5m for 418.2 points effectively secured him second place with Slovenia’s Robert Kranjec only managing 212 metres and 232.5 for third.
- 1euronews live TV - News | euronews : the latest international news as video on demand
- 2Russia unveils ‘straight’ flag, internet responds
- 3Seven reasons why Yanis Varoufakis is now a political legend
- 4Greek crisis: ‘Agreement reached’ after marathon talks
- 5International news | euronews, latest international news
- 6Nasa announces the discovery of an earth-like planet
- 7Is Saudi Arabia outlawing rainbows for being gay?
- 8Pluto: New Horizons space probe provides closest-ever pictures
- 9International breaking news | euronews online world breaking news in video
- 10French actor Gérard Depardieu ‘a threat to Ukraine national security’
- 11BREAKING: Formal nuclear deal reached with Iran, says diplomat
- 12Greece votes ‘No’ in overwhelming rejection of bailout proposals
- 13Latest News Bulletin
- 14Berlusconi linked with a shock return to government – in Russia!
- 15At least 10 dead in explosion in Turkish town close to border with Syria
- 16Greece clinches deal with eurogroup after marathon talks
- 17‘Imposed’ bailout deal must be implemented, says Greek PM
- 18Israel angry as Iran and West talk up nuclear deal
- 19Varoufakis resigns after Greek referendum
- 20European Union News | euronews: latest breaking news and headlines about European Union
Wires > Sport
- 15:36 CET Van Gaal faces many questions as season looms
- 15:16 CET Broad says keeping Clarke quiet has been key so far
- 13:52 CET Trains, planes and memory sticks – reporter’s doping scoop quest
- 13:43 CET Gatland names experimental Wales team for Ireland warm-up
- 13:19 CET Proteas recall big guns for New Zealand one-dayers
- 13:11 CET Liverpool loan goalkeeper Vigouroux to Swindon Town
- 12:08 CET Mourinho says disagreements with owner Abramovich are over
- 11:49 CET Van der Burgh in record-breaking form in Kazan heats