Austrian prodigy Gregor Schlierenzauer kept his composure to clinch a ski flying event in Vikersund on Saturday and tie the record for most ski jumping World Cup victories.
The 23 year old old recorded jumps of 216,5 and 240 metres – long enough to keep a pack of hungry chasers at bay.
This win sees Schlierenzauer extend his lead in the overall World Cup standings. He now leads Norway’s Anders Bardal by 197 points.
Schlierenzauer couldn’t muster a perfect landing after his 240-meter leap, but his points total still held up after Simon Ammann only managed 229.5 meters in the final jump of the day.
The Swiss double Olympic champion finished just 0.5 points behind in second, while Robert Kranjec of Slovenia was third, another 0.6 points back.
Norway’s Andreas Stjernen and Poland’s Kamil Stoch finished fourth and fifth respectively.
Austria’s Simon Ammann second-round leap of 229.5m for 418.2 points effectively secured him second place with Slovenia’s Robert Kranjec only managing 212 metres and 232.5 for third.
- 1Snowden, Assange and Manning statues unveiled in Berlin | euronews, world news
- 2Chomsky says US is world’s biggest terrorist | euronews, the global conversation
- 3euronews live TV - News | euronews : the latest international news as video on demand
- 4Nepal: ‘equally big earthquakes coming in eastern regions,’ expert tells euronews | euronews, world news
- 5It’s a girl: Britain’s Duchess of Cambridge gives birth in London | euronews, world news
- 6Juncker to Hungarian PM Orban: “Hello, Dictator!”
- 7Evidence of ancient wine found in Georgia a vintage quaffed some 6,000 years BC
- 8International tv news | euronews: European and International tv news bulletin
- 9Exclusive: unrest in FYR Macedonia could hit other Balkan countries warns Serbian PM | euronews, world news
- 10International breaking news | euronews online world breaking news in video
- 11How Nepal earthquake devastated Kathmandu’s UNESCO heritage | euronews, world news
- 12Portuguese language reform law goes global | euronews, world news
- 13EU membership remains Serbia’s priority, says PM Aleksandar Vucic | euronews, the global conversation
- 14Spanish voters punish mainstream parties in local and regional elections
- 15Spain: the viral soldiers fighting in Madrid and Barcelona mayoral races | euronews, world news
- 16Andrea Ferrari: the graphene guru | euronews, science
- 17We will not be moved! China’s urban spread resistance [PHOTOS]
- 18Watch: France’s Jean-Marie Le Pen clashes with UKIP MEP Woolfe | euronews, world news
- 19Recharging without cables: the road ahead for electric cars
- 20eurovibes - a selection of Europe’s best music talent
Wires > Sport
- 01:12 CET Timely eagle earns Pressel one-shot lead
- 00:56 CET Rooney targets silverware as Man United captain
- 22:01 CET McIlroy makes fast getaway after missing Irish cut
- 20:49 CET Latham and Ronchi lead New Zealand recovery
- 18:17 CET Ticket sales for World Cup hit two million mark
- 15:46 CET Platini puts FIFA politics aside to remember Heysel deaths
- 15:28 CET Clubs and families remember Heysel victims 30 years on
- 15:23 CET Suarez fit for King’s Cup final, says Luis Enrique