French skipper Francois Gabart held his nerve to win the Vendee Globe in a record time on Sunday.
The 29 year old, the youngest winner of the event, completed the 24,000-nautical mile race in 78 days, two hours, 16 minutes, beating the previous mark of 84 days and three hours set by fellow countryman Michel Desjoyeaux in 2009.
Frenchman Armel Le Cleac’h is expected to finish second ahead of Alex Thomson who is set to become only the third Briton to claim a podium finish here after Ellen MacArthur and Mike Golding.
- 1Djokovic takes the glory but both he and Nadal take the money in Thailand exhibition
- 2Champions League day two match preview
- 3Sagan makes history and gives Slovakia its first cycling World Champion
- 4Rugby World Cup 2015: Wales defeat hosts England 28-25 in thrilling clash
- 5Roma and Arsenal crash, Barcelona come back in latest Champions League clashes
- 1euronews live TV - News | euronews : the latest international news as video on demand
- 2Syrian refugee tripped by shamed camera woman is named
- 3Hungarian camera woman caught on video kicking and tripping migrants could face jail
- 4Hungarian reporter who tripped migrants apologises for her actions
- 5NASA discovers evidence of “liquid briny water” flowing on Mars
- 6Latest News Bulletin
- 7At least 220 dead in stampede outside Mecca, Saudi Arabia reports
- 8Egyptian billionaire offers to buy Mediterranean island to house refugees
- 9International breaking news | euronews online world breaking news in video
- 10What the top tweets worldwide are saying about #refugees
- 11Why aren’t rich Gulf states welcoming Syrian refugees… or are they?
- 12Hungarian camerawoman fired after being filmed kicking migrants
- 13Denmark: launches anti-migrant ad campaign
- 14Spain: Catalan President faces ‘civil disobedience’ charges over breakaway vote
- 15Which European countries offer the most social benefits to migrants?
- 16Banzai back in the vocabulary as Japan passes law allowing combat deployments
- 17Exclusive: shipwatchers chart Russian hardware heading into Med
- 18Why aren’t rich Gulf states welcoming Syrian refugees…or are they?
- 19International news | euronews, latest international news
- 20Migrant tripped up in Hungary gets Spanish football job
Wires > Sport
- 01:45 CET Analysis – England outclassed in every department
- 23:05 CET Analysis – You’re not special any more, Mourinho is told
- 23:03 CET Mourinho tells Chelsea they can sack him but he’s not quitting
- 22:00 CET Dane Olesen holds lead at Dunhill Links Championship
- 20:26 CET Simple equation for England: lose to Australia and you’re out
- 20:11 CET Japan have made a nation proud, says coach Jones
- 20:04 CET Lacazette on target as Lyon beat Reims
- 19:53 CET Sherwood says Villa players are not fit enough