A mother and child have been rescued as flooding continues to wreak havoc across Australia.
The pair became trapped in fast-rising waters in Bundaberg in the state of Queensland, but emergency workers managed to airlift them to safety.
Such dramatic incidents have been regularly repeated with heavy rain, strong winds and tornadoes hitting the region.
In a separate incident, rescuers also freed a man
who was trapped in drain in Hervey Bay.
More than 1,000 people have been forced to flee their homes as the wild weather from former cyclone Oswald continues to cause widespread damage.
Nearly 60,000 houses are without electricity. Some entire towns are completed cut-off. Now experts say the bad weather is heading south and is due to hit Sydney on Monday.
Copyright © 2014 euronewsMore about:
- 1Israel: Hamas praises Jerusalem attack which killed baby girl
- 2Ottawa fatal shooting: Police admit they were ‘caught by surprise’
- 3Revealed: Europe’s capital cities where it’s hardest to be a foreigner
- 4Police search for possible suspects following attack on Canada’s parliament
- 5Intruder sparks lockdown at the White House
- 1euronews live TV - News | euronews : the latest international news as video on demand
- 2Now is ‘right time’ for Catalonia independence vote, says Mas | euronews, world news
- 3Vatican rocked by another paedophilia scandal | euronews, world news
- 4Two container ships collide on Egypt’s Suez Canal | euronews, no comment
- 5British Muslims’ message to ISIL: Not in my name! | euronews, world news
- 6Revealed: Europe’s capital cities where it’s hardest to be a foreigner | euronews, world news
- 7Sweden becomes first European nation to recognise Palestine | euronews, world news
- 8International tv news | euronews: European and International tv news bulletin
- 9European Union News | euronews: latest breaking news and headlines about European Union
- 10How nasheeds became the soundtrack of jihad | euronews, world news
- 11Iceland volcano ‘pollutes Paris’ | euronews, world news
- 12Ebola: Six new suspected cases in Spain | euronews, world news
- 13Emma Watson threatened with naked photos leak after UN equality speech | euronews, world news
- 14Learning through “serious games” | euronews, learning world
- 15Mike Tyson: ‘You learn humbleness when you get older in life’ | euronews, the global conversation
- 16US delivers technical aid to Ukraine but warns over security | euronews, world news
- 17euronews apps : iPhone, iPad, Android, Windows Phone 8, Windows 8, Nokia S40, Nokia Asha, Smart TV and Google Glass
- 18Global warming to ‘cause 250,000 extra deaths a year’ | euronews, world news
- 19All you need to know about the Ebola virus | euronews, world news
- 20International news | euronews, latest international news
Wires > News
- 01:02 CET Two killed, four wounded in Washington state school shooting
- 00:28 CET Attacks in Egypt’s Sinai kill more than 30 security personnel
- 23:26 CET Drone strike kills three al Qaeda-linked militants – tribal sources
- 22:42 CET At least four dead in escape bid at model Dominican Republic jail
- 22:34 CET Lebanon army clashes with gunmen, kills two in Tripoli – sources
- 22:16 CET Mali’s first Ebola case, a two-year-old girl, dies – officials
- 22:14 CET U.S. general says he believes North Korea can build nuclear warhead
- 21:34 CET Venezuela’s Maduro slams Spain’s Rajoy over jailed opponent