A mother and child have been rescued as flooding continues to wreak havoc across Australia.
The pair became trapped in fast-rising waters in Bundaberg in the state of Queensland, but emergency workers managed to airlift them to safety.
Such dramatic incidents have been regularly repeated with heavy rain, strong winds and tornadoes hitting the region.
In a separate incident, rescuers also freed a man
who was trapped in drain in Hervey Bay.
More than 1,000 people have been forced to flee their homes as the wild weather from former cyclone Oswald continues to cause widespread damage.
Nearly 60,000 houses are without electricity. Some entire towns are completed cut-off. Now experts say the bad weather is heading south and is due to hit Sydney on Monday.
- 1Migrants with tickets denied access to Budapest train station
- 2Satellite images show ISIL destruction in Palmyra
- 3‘No person is illegal’ – Vienna holds rally for refugees
- 4Ukraine: deputies explain for and against the decentralisation law
- 5Hungary’s hardline stance on refugees ‘benefits’ people smugglers
- 1euronews live TV - News | euronews : the latest international news as video on demand
- 2International breaking news | euronews online world breaking news in video
- 3Caught red-handed: the Russian Major fighting in Ukraine
- 4Video footage shows massive explosion in Tianjin, China
- 5Momentum for Mars: Astronauts say mission is inevitable
- 6Ukraine puts top Russian general Gerasimov on ‘most wanted’ list
- 7Latest News Bulletin
- 8Snowden, Assange and Manning statues unveiled in Berlin
- 9Who came out top in the US Republican television debate?
- 10Why World Elephant Day matters
- 11International news | euronews, latest international news
- 12UK: at least 7 dead after plane crashes into road in Brighton
- 13Virginia:TV journalist and cameraman shot dead live on air
- 14ISIL militant group claims to have killed Croatian hostage in Egypt
- 15Earth Overshoot Day…Pushing Mother Nature too far
- 16Windows 10, three weeks on: the good, the bad and the ugly
- 17Bringing the trolls out of the dark: Russian ‘troll’ awarded 1 rouble damages
- 18As ‘Daily Show’ Jon Stewart’s tenure ends, scholars say goodbye to their research topic
- 19European Union News | euronews: latest breaking news and headlines about European Union
- 20Scientists find sinkhole cave under Mexico’s Kukulkan Castle Pyramid
Latest world news
At least 17 Turks abducted in Habibiya, Iraq
Hungary reinforces border with Serbia at ‘anti-migrant’ fence
Thousands stuck in Budapest as Hungary refuses to allow migrants to travel
Eurostar suffers severe delays as migrants attempt to block Channel Tunnel
Denmark’s first astronaut heads to space
Wires > News
- 13:55 CET Hundreds of migrants on tracks at Calais block trains to UK
- 13:30 CET Car bomb in Assad stronghold Latakia kills at least 10 – state TV
- 13:13 CET Congo militia leader pleads ‘Not guilty’ as ICC trial opens
- 13:08 CET Red Cross says two staff members shot dead in northern Yemen
- 12:11 CET Hundreds of migrants protest at Budapest station, want to go to…
- 12:04 CET Malaysia police to question ex-PM Mahathir on anti-government…
- 11:27 CET Australia alarmed by strategic rivalry in South China Sea
- 11:20 CET Greek coast guard seizes ship with weapons bound for Libya