The British government has told UK nationals to leave Somalia immediately.
The Foreign Office in London warned of a ‘specific threat’ to foreigners in the breakaway enclave of Somaliland in the Horn of Africa, but gave no further details.
It follows a similar warning from some EU countries last week about Benghazi in Libya.
Copyright © 2014 euronewsMore about:
- 1Pictures and videos of April 15 lunar “Blood Moon” eclipse
- 2Watch April 15 total lunar eclipse live online
- 3Russian PM Dmitry Medvedev says Ukraine on ‘brink of civil war’
- 4[Live] Ukraine: Pro-Russian freeze Ukrainian army operation in Kramatorsk
- 5Armoured vehicles flying Russian flags roll into Slovyansk in Ukraine
- 1Watch April 15 total lunar eclipse live online
- 2Mind-bending vending machine dispenses marijuana
- 3Ukrainian troops begin ‘anti-terror operation’ in eastern city Kramatorsk
- 4Deadly bomb attack in Abuja is blamed on Boko Haram
- 5Divisions widen in Ukraine as Kyiv is urged to rein in pro-Russian separatists
Wires > News
- 17:41 CET Pakistani Taliban end ceasefire with government but say talks…
- 17:39 CET ‘Super tax’ on African remittances hurts development – thinktank
- 16:58 CET India’s Modi says committed to no first use of nuclear weapons
- 16:54 CET Algeria’s bloody past, energy wealth keep status quo for now
- 16:35 CET Analysis – Brazil’s Rousseff looks weak, but so do her election…
- 16:06 CET Speaker calls on Lebanese parliament to elect president on April 23
- 15:55 CET Jordanian warplanes destroy vehicles trying to cross from Syria -…
- 15:50 CET Over 280 missing after South Korean ferry capsizes