Eight policemen have been killed by a roadside bomb in Afghanistan’s volatile Kandahar province in the south of the country.
They had just defused another device and arrested three Taliban suspects when a second bomb destroyed their vehicle.
Since midday on Saturday 20 police officers have died across the country.
- 1Incredible scenes in the Turkish parliament
- 2Denmark extends controls on German border, EU set to allow more Schengen exceptions
- 3Three Earth-like planets found outside the Solar System
- 4Palestinians condemn Eurovision Song Contest for flag ban
- 5Rebels launch surprise attack on Aleppo – Syrian state TV
Latest world news
Presidential hopefuls Trump and Clinton shape up as they head for the November 8 showdown
Aleppo – hopes a truce is only “hours away”
TTIP: French president Hollande says France will say no to EU-US trade deal “at this stage”
Rebels launch surprise attack on Aleppo – Syrian state TV
Spain arrests four men allegedly behind on-line Islamist Radicalisation plot
Wires > News
- 18:55 CET Exclusive – Differences over missile defence, fine print snag…
- 17:47 CET Tajik Islamists’ lawyer goes on trial on fraud, extremism charges
- 17:41 CET As U.S. rotates generals in Europe, job is prevent new ‘Cold War’
- 17:33 CET Niger tells Europe it needs 1 billion euros to fight illegal…
- 17:32 CET West Africa pirates switch to kidnapping crew as oil fetches less
- 17:29 CET Islamic State kills U.S. serviceman in northern Iraq
- 17:23 CET Rebels launch assault in Syria’s Aleppo, diplomats strain to…
- 16:52 CET Turkish Nobel laureate says Erdogan’s insult charges aimed at…