Eight policemen have been killed by a roadside bomb in Afghanistan’s volatile Kandahar province in the south of the country.
They had just defused another device and arrested three Taliban suspects when a second bomb destroyed their vehicle.
Since midday on Saturday 20 police officers have died across the country.
Copyright © 2013 euronewsMore about:
- 1Uruguay makes history by legalising entire marijuana market
- 2Mandela Memorial Sign Language Interpreter a ‘Fraud’
- 3Riot police raid Kyiv’s central square
- 4What’s God got to do with it?, asks Nobel Prize in Physics winner
- 5Italy: ‘Pitchfork protesters’ disrupt road and rail travel in protest at state of economy
- 19:11 CET Daughter of Libya’s former spy chief calls for him to be tried in…
- 18:49 CET ‘War game’ highlights risks of Britain’s EU exit
- 18:28 CET Opposition mounts to Israel’s Arab Bedouin transfer plan
- 18:20 CET Uruguay’s move to legalise marijuana breaks international treaty -…
- 17:36 CET Bachelet seen easily defeating childhood playmate in Chile election
- 17:33 CET Pope Francis named Time’s Person of the Year
- 17:16 CET Libya PM expects ports to reopen, rejects autonomy chief
- 16:55 CET Italian PM Letta wins first leg of confidence vote