Unions and leftist groups have pre-empted a meeting of European and Latin American leaders in Chile by holding their own ‘People’s Summit’. Thousands of protesters also marched through the capital Santiago calling for an alternative to free market capitalism.
German Chancellor Angela Merkel and Spanish Prime Minister Mariano Rajoy will attend the originally-planned business summit which lasts until tomorrow.
Wires > News
- 03:11 CET China’s Xi says hopes to get Philippines ties back on track
- 02:51 CET Attempted North Korea missile launch fails – South Korean official
- 01:55 CET Brazil’s anti-corruption minister quits over leaked recordings
- 01:42 CET Ohio zoo defends safety where boy climbed barrier and gorilla died
- 01:18 CET Rio de Janeiro police arrest two men in gang-rape case
- 00:35 CET Hitler’s older brother was in fact younger and died early…
- 23:51 CET Heavy air strikes on Syria’s Idlib kill and injure dozens – monitor
- 23:23 CET Netanyahu says willing to discuss Arab initiative for peace with…