The Moroccan Interior Minister said his government supports French military action in Mali, as he hosted his counterparts from France, Spain and Portugal for a security summit.
Mohand Laenser also stressed that the four countries have a long history of cooperation in the region:
“It is a cooperation that has always existed on bilateral and multilateral levels to face the problems in the region,” Laenser said.
Morocco has no plans to send its own troops to Mali.
Wires > News
- 01:32 CET As Beijing flexes muscles in South China Sea, Malaysia eyes harder…
- 01:18 CET Combative Trump says he raised $5.6 million for vets, bashes media
- 23:58 CET UAE frees Canadian man acquitted of militancy, set to leave Weds
- 23:01 CET Philippines president-elect says won’t rely on United States
- 23:00 CET OAS head moves to suspend Venezuela from regional group
- 22:41 CET Leader of Western Sahara independence movement dies after illness
- 22:40 CET Italy court upholds Costa Concordia captain’s 2012 shipwreck…
- 22:35 CET Far-right parties winning over some Jewish voters, top rabbi warns