Venezuelan President Hugo Chavez is planning legal action against the Spanish newspaper El Pais for publishing a “false photo” of him on its front page.
The paper’s bosses have now apologised.
They thought had a scoop as Chavez, who is undergoing cancer treatment, has not been seen for several weeks. But the photo was not of him.
- 1euronews live TV - News | euronews : the latest international news as video on demand
- 2Greek debt crisis is “absolute supremacy of capital over humans”
- 3[Live updates] NGO flotilla bids to break Israeli blockade of Gaza
- 4[LIVE UPDATES] Greek debt deadline looms
- 5Large Hadron Collider ready to embark on an unprecedented voyage of discovery
- 6Istanbul Gay pride quashed by riot police, rubber bullets and water cannon
- 7[LIVE UPDATES] France: man decapitated, several wounded in chemical plant attack
- 8Israel prepares to repel boarders as ‘Freedom Flotilla 3’ tries to run Gaza blockade
- 9Seven reasons why Yanis Varoufakis is now a political legend
- 10Greece votes ‘No’ in overwhelming rejection of bailout proposals
- 11NewsWires : euronews : the latest international news as video on demand
- 12Greek debt summit – Live updates
- 13‘Distractingly sexy’ scientists hit back in lab chemistry polemic
- 14Greek debt: who will pay if Greece fails?
- 15Summit up in Brussels as Greek proposals give food for thought and rumours fly
- 16Battle of Waterloo, live-tweeting 200 years on
- 17Greek PM faces day of crucial bailout talks in Brussels
- 18Spain’s first case of diphtheria in 30 years: parents of six-year-old ‘oppose vaccines’
- 19Citizens take power in Spain’s largest cities as a political revolution sweeps the country
- 20Italy discovers biggest illegal waste dump in Europe
Wires > News
- 01:14 CET Ex-dictator found mentally unfit for new Guatemala genocide trial
- 00:43 CET Serbia government agrees to send PM to July 11 Srebrenica…
- 21:26 CET Two suicide bombers kill around 30 in northern Nigeria
- 21:02 CET Obama, Vietnam leader discuss South China Sea in landmark meeting
- 20:47 CET Eritrea sees U.N. scrutiny, migrant exodus as part of ‘conspiracy’
- 19:54 CET Gunmen storm national radio in Central African Republic
- 19:47 CET Homegrown jihadists with Libya ties target Tunisia’s democracy
- 19:22 CET Sierra Leone urged to ban FGM after backing women’s rights treaty