As French troops and reinforcements deploy in Mali, rumours about abuses committed by the country’s own army have cast a cloud over operations, France 2 reported.
Russian television reported that it too found evidence of searches carried out to excess. RTR also looked into defections of Islamist fighters.
A lot of countries have taken their own nationals out of Mali, but some refuse to go, such as a Swiss quarryman who has been in Mali for many years, Swiss television RSI reported.
In the relative calm of Bamako, the Thursday evening football match between Mali and Ghana stopped people talking about the war for a while, Spanish television TVE reported.
Music and maths to show solidarity with refugees who arrive in Europe
Panama Papers lessons
Brussels: first came the horror, then disbelief. Now questions are being asked.
Je suis Brussels – the aftermath of the bombings in the Belgian capital
Migrants risk all to cross the Aegean Sea
Wires > News
- 21:25 CET U.S. urges ASEAN unity on South China Sea ruling; warns China on…
- 21:15 CET Biden to meet Kurdish officials in unannounced visit to Erbil
- 20:18 CET Air strikes on Aleppo hospital kill doctors and children
- 19:56 CET Hundreds protest against student’s killing in Khartoum
- 19:49 CET U.S.-backed Syrian fighters battle insurgents north of Aleppo…
- 19:45 CET Police wounded, scores arrested in French labour law protests
- 19:34 CET Brazil prosecutors charge Rousseff campaign strategist
- 19:24 CET Mozambique boosts security in capital over demonstration fears