Thousands of eminent guests, including presidents, heads of governments and CEOs have gathered in Switzerland.
The founder of the World Economic Forum in Davos called on the participants to be more dynamic, more optimistic and more resilient. Does it mean being more efficient too?
European finance ministers have given the green light to raising money through a levy on financial transactions, though some countries abstained from the so-called Tobin tax. Portugal is one of those that will participate. The country is trying to regain access to long-term debt markets and its first step along that road seemed to be successful.
We’ll discuss all that with Jonathan Ferro from Bloomberg.
- 1euronews live TV - News | euronews : the latest international news as video on demand
- 2Syrian refugee tripped by shamed camera woman is named
- 3Hungarian camera woman caught on video kicking and tripping migrants could face jail
- 4Hungarian reporter who tripped migrants apologises for her actions
- 5NASA discovers evidence of “liquid briny water” flowing on Mars
- 6Latest News Bulletin
- 7At least 220 dead in stampede outside Mecca, Saudi Arabia reports
- 8Egyptian billionaire offers to buy Mediterranean island to house refugees
- 9International breaking news | euronews online world breaking news in video
- 10Denmark: launches anti-migrant ad campaign
- 11Hungarian camerawoman fired after being filmed kicking migrants
- 12Why aren’t rich Gulf states welcoming Syrian refugees… or are they?
- 13Spain: Catalan President faces ‘civil disobedience’ charges over breakaway vote
- 14Banzai back in the vocabulary as Japan passes law allowing combat deployments
- 15Exclusive: shipwatchers chart Russian hardware heading into Med
- 16Why aren’t rich Gulf states welcoming Syrian refugees…or are they?
- 17International news | euronews, latest international news
- 18Which European countries offer the most social benefits to migrants?
- 19What the top tweets worldwide are saying about #refugees
- 20[Live] Catalonia: separatists heading for clear win in crucial elections
Wires > Business
- 02:48 CET BBC probe reveals working condition issues at Sports Direct
- 02:41 CET Asia stocks rise as weak U.S. jobs dampen prospects of near-term…
- 00:12 CET Global regulators finalise new capital rule for big insurers
- 00:01 CET Turbine maker Nordex buys Acciona’s wind power business
- 23:05 CET World Bank’s Kim to ask members for capital injection – FT
- 22:49 CET Rolls-Royce to cut 400 marine division jobs – FT
- 21:55 CET Prudential may quit UK to escape new EU regulations – Sunday Times
- 21:09 CET France to consider phasing out diesel tax breaks – minister