Bollywood superstar Saif Ali Khan is back as Ranveer Singh in ‘Race 2’, the follow-up to the 2008 hit ‘Race’ which went on to become the fourth biggest Bollywood hit of that year, and sees Khan, along with Anil Kapoor, reprise his role from the first film.
According to Khan, the sequel is bigger and better than the original.
“There was a degree of security and insecurity. I was secure in the fact that I thought, you know, we have a good thing going, but I was also a bit worried whether we would be able to make a better film and my focus was on upgrading everything in terms of script and the look of the movie and the performances,” he says.
Set against the horse racing backdrops of Dubai and Durban, the film features an ensemble Bollywood cast, including Deepika Padukone, John Abraham and Jacqueline Fernandez.
“The second one has been approached almost like a revenge drama in the first half of the movie and in the second half it’s like a heist film. So, those were the two exciting scenarios that the writers felt would suit the character. It’s kind of further adventures of this guy, with the similar kind of ingredients as the first one – like beautiful women that you can’t trust because they are probably lying to you and people pretending to be things that they’re not and that sort of thing,” says Khan.
Like the first film, ‘Race 2’ is fast-moving and sees Khan’s character thrust into dangerous situations, giving the 42-year-old the chance to show off his action chops.
- 114-year-old model reignites underage catwalk controversy
- 2The epic race to the South Pole on the operatic stage
- 3Russia’s Pussy Riot mocks prosecutor general Yury Chaika in new video
- 4Postcards from Uzbekistan: The Ak-Saray Palace, Shakhrisabz
- 5Coldplay in hot water for using Indian culture in video
- 1euronews live TV - News | euronews : the latest international news as video on demand
- 2International news | euronews, latest international news
- 3Most Istanbul blast victims ‘were German’, says Turkey
- 4Madrid to appeal Catalan road to independence from Spain
- 5Partnering to grow Europe
- 6Thousands in Bucharest blame corruption for Friday’s nightclub blaze
- 7Moldova: protesters storm Parliament
- 8Hope vs harsh reality: challenges to global education goals in the 21st century
- 9Extras : euronews : the latest international news as video on demand
- 10Merroussis clinches the 33rd Athens Authentic Marathon
- 11Norway sends Syrian refugees back to Russia
- 12‘National’ funeral for Celine Dion’s husband ‘over the top’
- 13Jorge Lorenzo clinches his third MotoGP title in Valencia
- 14Special Reports : euronews : the latest international news as video on demand
- 15Benzema questioned in French sex tape case
- 16International breaking news | euronews online world breaking news in video
- 17latest Learning World - All Programmes | euronews : the latest international news as video on demand
- 18Paris: “I would rather see my brother in prison than in a cemetery”
- 19Brussels remains on high alert: ‘multiple operations underway’ across Belgium
- 20Middle East - News | euronews : the latest international news as video on demand