Bollywood superstar Saif Ali Khan is back as Ranveer Singh in ‘Race 2’, the follow-up to the 2008 hit ‘Race’ which went on to become the fourth biggest Bollywood hit of that year, and sees Khan, along with Anil Kapoor, reprise his role from the first film.
According to Khan, the sequel is bigger and better than the original.
“There was a degree of security and insecurity. I was secure in the fact that I thought, you know, we have a good thing going, but I was also a bit worried whether we would be able to make a better film and my focus was on upgrading everything in terms of script and the look of the movie and the performances,” he says.
Set against the horse racing backdrops of Dubai and Durban, the film features an ensemble Bollywood cast, including Deepika Padukone, John Abraham and Jacqueline Fernandez.
“The second one has been approached almost like a revenge drama in the first half of the movie and in the second half it’s like a heist film. So, those were the two exciting scenarios that the writers felt would suit the character. It’s kind of further adventures of this guy, with the similar kind of ingredients as the first one – like beautiful women that you can’t trust because they are probably lying to you and people pretending to be things that they’re not and that sort of thing,” says Khan.
Like the first film, ‘Race 2’ is fast-moving and sees Khan’s character thrust into dangerous situations, giving the 42-year-old the chance to show off his action chops.
- 1euronews live TV - News | euronews : the latest international news as video on demand
- 2International breaking news | euronews online world breaking news in video
- 3Caught red-handed: the Russian Major fighting in Ukraine
- 4Video footage shows massive explosion in Tianjin, China
- 5Ukraine puts top Russian general Gerasimov on ‘most wanted’ list
- 6Why World Elephant Day matters
- 7Latest News Bulletin
- 8Who came out top in the US Republican television debate?
- 9UK: at least 7 dead after plane crashes into road in Brighton
- 10Snowden, Assange and Manning statues unveiled in Berlin
- 11Virginia:TV journalist and cameraman shot dead live on air
- 12ISIL militant group claims to have killed Croatian hostage in Egypt
- 13Earth Overshoot Day…Pushing Mother Nature too far
- 14Windows 10, three weeks on: the good, the bad and the ugly
- 15International news | euronews, latest international news
- 16Bringing the trolls out of the dark: Russian ‘troll’ awarded 1 rouble damages
- 17As ‘Daily Show’ Jon Stewart’s tenure ends, scholars say goodbye to their research topic
- 18Momentum for Mars: Astronauts say mission is inevitable
- 19European Union News | euronews: latest breaking news and headlines about European Union
- 20Scientists find sinkhole cave under Mexico’s Kukulkan Castle Pyramid
latest cinema news
“The 33” digs into 2010 Chilean mining rescue and media circus
Rap biopic rules Hollywood as NWA stay top for second week
3D animation brings Polish World War Two hero to life
Efron takes dancehall vibe to big screen in “We Are Your Friends”
Richie breathes life into “Man from UNCLE” brand