Officials from South Korea have called on North Korea to refrain from “provocations”.
This came shortly after Pyongyang said it will go ahead with a nuclear test, in defiance of UN punishment.
Recently North Korea has dramatically stepped up its threats against what it called its “sworn enemy,” the United states.
Cho Tai-young of the South Korean Foreign Ministry said: “North Korea should listen to the messages the international community has sent until now, follow them and move forward in a non-confrontational manner. This path will benefit both North Korea and the international community.”
The North’s national defence commission rejected Tuesday’s UN Security Council resolution condemning a rocket launch in December.
It reaffirmed that this was a peaceful bid to send a satellite into space, but said the country’s rocket launches also have a military purpose: to strike back at the United States.
- 1At least 400 killed by ISIL in Palmyra – Syrian TV
- 2Russia introduces a new law against “undesirable” NGO’s
- 3‘Beautiful Mind’ Nobel Prize winner John Nash killed in a car crash
- 4Poland’s Komorowski concedes defeat to rival Duda in presidential poll
- 5Palme d’Or for Jacques Audiard’s ‘Dheepan’ at Cannes
- 1Snowden, Assange and Manning statues unveiled in Berlin | euronews, world news
- 2Chomsky says US is world’s biggest terrorist | euronews, the global conversation
- 3euronews live TV - News | euronews : the latest international news as video on demand
- 4Nepal: ‘equally big earthquakes coming in eastern regions,’ expert tells euronews | euronews, world news
- 5It’s a girl: Britain’s Duchess of Cambridge gives birth in London | euronews, world news
- 6How Nepal earthquake devastated Kathmandu’s UNESCO heritage | euronews, world news
- 7Chernobyl Children: what makes Ukrainians born in 1986 different? | euronews, world news
- 8Juncker to Hungarian PM Orban: “Hello, Dictator!”
- 9Exclusive: unrest in FYR Macedonia could hit other Balkan countries warns Serbian PM | euronews, world news
- 10Evidence of ancient wine found in Georgia a vintage quaffed some 6,000 years BC
- 11International breaking news | euronews online world breaking news in video
- 12Andrea Ferrari: the graphene guru | euronews, science
- 13International tv news | euronews: European and International tv news bulletin
- 14Portuguese language reform law goes global | euronews, world news
- 15EU membership remains Serbia’s priority, says PM Aleksandar Vucic | euronews, the global conversation
- 16Watch: France’s Jean-Marie Le Pen clashes with UKIP MEP Woolfe | euronews, world news
- 17Spain: the viral soldiers fighting in Madrid and Barcelona mayoral races | euronews, world news
- 18How young translators are helping knit European culture together | euronews, generation y
- 19eurovibes - a selection of Europe’s best music talent
- 20We will not be moved! China’s urban spread resistance [PHOTOS]
Wires > News
- 05:32 CET Indonesia’s military creeps back into civilian affairs
- 04:41 CET China clamps down on 181 “terror gangs” in west
- 00:35 CET Polish president concedes election defeat to conservative…
- 23:20 CET Libyan government warplanes attack oil tanker docked at Sirte
- 21:11 CET Greece hasn’t got the money to make June IMF repayment – interior…
- 20:54 CET Syria says Islamic State kills hundreds, including children, in…
- 20:27 CET John Nash, mathematician who inspired ‘A Beautiful Mind’, killed…
- 18:50 CET Ex-advisor to Peruvian president disappears in Bolivia