Officials from South Korea have called on North Korea to refrain from “provocations”.
This came shortly after Pyongyang said it will go ahead with a nuclear test, in defiance of UN punishment.
Recently North Korea has dramatically stepped up its threats against what it called its “sworn enemy,” the United states.
Cho Tai-young of the South Korean Foreign Ministry said: “North Korea should listen to the messages the international community has sent until now, follow them and move forward in a non-confrontational manner. This path will benefit both North Korea and the international community.”
The North’s national defence commission rejected Tuesday’s UN Security Council resolution condemning a rocket launch in December.
It reaffirmed that this was a peaceful bid to send a satellite into space, but said the country’s rocket launches also have a military purpose: to strike back at the United States.
Copyright © 2014 euronewsMore about:
- 1Caught on camera – children drugged and beaten in Romanian kindergarten
- 2Scientists baffled by two new holes discovered in Siberia
- 3Russia defiant in face of tough EU-US sanctions
- 4#ن: How an Arabic letter was reclaimed to support Iraq’s persecuted Christians
- 5Gaza: Deaths at Jebalya school after Israeli strike
- 1#ن: How an Arabic letter was reclaimed to support Iraq’s persecuted Christians
- 2Air Algerie plane ‘crashes’ over Sahara
- 3Eastern Ukrainians ‘hate Russian-led guerrillas’ — Arseniy Yatsenyuk
- 4Ukraine: ‘Disappointment’ at Yatsenyuk resignation
- 5Caught on camera – children drugged and beaten in Romanian kindergarten
Wires > News
- 12:39 CET Ukraine assembly rejects premier’s resignation, backs laws
- 11:55 CET U.S. raises stalled WTO talks with India, no sign of breakthrough
- 11:50 CET U.N. religion expert concerned over ‘interrupted’ Vietnam visit
- 11:48 CET Greece sends ships to Libya evacuate embassy, foreign nationals
- 11:28 CET U.S. missionary jailed in North Korea feels ‘abandoned’ – paper
- 10:38 CET Sierra Leone president declares state of emergency over Ebola
- 10:27 CET Singapore risks business cred with foreign labour restrictions
- 10:04 CET Child credit scam prompts U.S. tax crackdown on expats in Israel