The Jean Paul Gaultier haute couture show in Paris was a riot of colour, all set to an Eastern soundtrack. But the highlight of the show was a completely impractical wedding dress complete with children hiding under the skirt and a papoose strapped to the model’s back.
Jean Paul Gaultier: “This is a collection about like gypsy, gypsy of Rajasthan, but couture, couture chic, gypsy chic. So that is gypsy couture. So that was the idea. A patchwork of identity, a patchwork of clothes. And one advice: Take your old clothes, cut them all, and put them all together. You make a new one.”
Valentino also showed his haute couture collection for spring/summer 2013. Romantic and glamorous, the colour palette was muted and soft, with flashes of gold.
- 1euronews live TV - News | euronews : the latest international news as video on demand
- 2Syrian refugee tripped by shamed camera woman is named
- 3Hungarian camera woman caught on video kicking and tripping migrants could face jail
- 4Hungarian reporter who tripped migrants apologises for her actions
- 5NASA discovers evidence of “liquid briny water” flowing on Mars
- 6Latest News Bulletin
- 7At least 220 dead in stampede outside Mecca, Saudi Arabia reports
- 8What the top tweets worldwide are saying about #refugees
- 9Why aren’t rich Gulf states welcoming Syrian refugees… or are they?
- 10Hungarian camerawoman fired after being filmed kicking migrants
- 11Which European countries offer the most social benefits to migrants?
- 12International breaking news | euronews online world breaking news in video
- 13Denmark: launches anti-migrant ad campaign
- 14Why aren’t rich Gulf states welcoming Syrian refugees…or are they?
- 15Spain: Catalan President faces ‘civil disobedience’ charges over breakaway vote
- 16International news | euronews, latest international news
- 17Banzai back in the vocabulary as Japan passes law allowing combat deployments
- 18Exclusive: shipwatchers chart Russian hardware heading into Med
- 19[Live] All the Rugby World Cup news in one place
- 20Migrant tripped up in Hungary gets Spanish football job