24/01/13 16:47 CET
| updated xx mn ago
| updated at xx
Italian Erasmus Students are angry: they won’t be able to vote in the general elections on February 24-25 because of what is seen as a flaw in Italian law. People abroad for short periods (whether for holiday, work, study or any other reason) are not meant to cast their ballot unless they travel back to their home town, with very few exceptions (such as teachers working abroad and soldiers on a mission).
After the EU scolded Italy for what it describes as a ‘discriminatory’ law, Mario Monti’s government tried to find a solution, but in vain.
Is this situation an exception in Europe? Can’t the EU do anything about it?
Karel Bartak, Head of Unit at DG Education and Culture, will answer these and other questions in a special chat, scheduled for next Wednesday, January 30th, at 5pm CET. It’s here, you are all invited!
- 114-year-old model reignites underage catwalk controversy
- 2The epic race to the South Pole on the operatic stage
- 3Postcards from Uzbekistan: The Ak-Saray Palace, Shakhrisabz
- 4Russia’s Pussy Riot mocks prosecutor general Yury Chaika in new video
- 5Coldplay in hot water for using Indian culture in video
- 1euronews live TV - News | euronews : the latest international news as video on demand
- 2International news | euronews, latest international news
- 3Most Istanbul blast victims ‘were German’, says Turkey
- 4Madrid to appeal Catalan road to independence from Spain
- 5Thousands in Bucharest blame corruption for Friday’s nightclub blaze
- 6Partnering to grow Europe
- 7Moldova: protesters storm Parliament
- 8Hope vs harsh reality: challenges to global education goals in the 21st century
- 9Extras : euronews : the latest international news as video on demand
- 10Merroussis clinches the 33rd Athens Authentic Marathon
- 11Norway sends Syrian refugees back to Russia
- 12‘National’ funeral for Celine Dion’s husband ‘over the top’
- 13Jorge Lorenzo clinches his third MotoGP title in Valencia
- 14International breaking news | euronews online world breaking news in video
- 15Special Reports : euronews : the latest international news as video on demand
- 16latest Learning World - All Programmes | euronews : the latest international news as video on demand
- 17Benzema questioned in French sex tape case
- 18Middle East - News | euronews : the latest international news as video on demand
- 19Paris: “I would rather see my brother in prison than in a cemetery”
- 20world Weather | euronews: world ten day weather forecast